APB out for Missing Cunard Bear

ocngypz

Now don't laugh..........my client is in tears.

Seems two stuffed animals were left behind after a recent Med voyage on the QM2. One was a bird.. and the other a 13 inch beige stuffed teddy bear wearing a Cunard logo shirt.

Miraculously with the help of a Housekeeping Supervisor and Kim Warwick, the bird was found and returned to my client.

Unfortunately, the bear is still missing and presumed????????????

The bear was given to my client's young son during QM2's maiden year.

Now, I do not frequent gift shops, etc.. especially when it comes to items such as toys. Has anyone seen a bear of this description onboard?

My first thought was one of those Harrod's bears with a shirt change, but I haven't seen those bears in years (kids are grown).

Any ideas?????

I have a Crown Jewel Bear, but he's probably about 8 inches and white. I don't remember big brown ones with Cunard T-shirt, but I will be on a week from today. I will look. If they have them, shoud I get you the price, and how one might obtain one? I realize it isn't the same, but it's better than no bear!

Karie,

Who would be heartbroken at 52 to lose such a thing, never mind as a child.

P.S. You, or the client might also try e-bay. Stranger things than that have been on E-Bay. Maybe somoene got one or bought one and decided to simplify their life and wants to part with it.

I have a Crown Jewel Bear, but he's probably about 8 inches and white. I don't remember big brown ones with Cunard T-shirt, but I will be on a week from today. I will look. If they have them, shoud I get you the price, and how one might obtain one? I realize it isn't the same, but it's better than no bear!

Karie,

Who would be heartbroken at 52 to lose such a thing, never mind as a child.

P.S. You, or the client might also try e-bay. Stranger things than that have been on E-Bay. Maybe somoene got one or bought one and decided to simplify their life and wants to part with it.

Thanks Karie:

Ebay was the first place I looked. Yes, please see if they have any onboard and how I can get one. The Cunard shop online is useless.

They had all kinds of them on the QE2 in January-little ones, huge ones and with different colored shirts. Bought two little ones for my petsitter and vet.

I know you have probably thought of this, but a phone call to Cunard???

Also pretty sure I saw one listed on the list of things you can order to have put in someone's cabin as a gift...on that Cunard pre-order gift list on the website. But there was no actual description...perhaps someone at Cunard can tell you.

Love that Harrod's display window. Thanks for posting the pic Mustangs. With a dog named Bear, whose "parents" will be sailing QM2 in Dec, this is a MUST BUY on my shopping list!! But please don't anyone post the prices for these little Harrods' gems...let me be shocked when I get there!!:eek:

Cheers, Penny

Yes there is a teddy bear listed on the gift order form for 16.00 USD.

Yes, I saw the gift form. Any idea what sized bear and what he's wearing?

Cunard was of no help as it all comes out of the warehouse.

Hello ocngypz,

I attached a photo earlier (see previous posting above) with the QM2 bears. This is the bear that is sold by Cunard on the gift order form for $16 - this is how we purchased ours, delivered to our cabin upon embarkation.

He is wearing a cream/beige sweater with a gold QM2 logo and a red "CUNARD", and would be 10-11 inches tall.

Alan

Babbette,

Since I am driving down to New York, and it seems likely that even if it is a larger size, it is likely to be under $50.00, which surely I can afford to spend, get a really good description of the bear, color of shirt, logo etc- so the child doesn't notice the difference (If there was a chewed up ear, I don't believe I will volunteer to do the honors! <G>) I'll see what I can find on board. If there is any question, I can email you. Since you're only in Rhode Island and I'm just over in CT, it should be easy enough to get the bear to you for your client.

Now. All I have to do is REMEMBER! Maria, and the other 68 of us on the 2 Sept four day trip. Everyone remind me, remind me, remind me!!!!!

Remember, a child's happiness (and Babbette's good client) ride on me remembering to do this. Bears before mojitos shall be my motto.

It would make me feel good to do something good for someone else.

Karie,

Who still hasn't started packing, though I made Marc get the suitcases down from the attic for me. They haven't spent much time up there this year! It seems we just put them up and it's time to bring them down again!

Babbette,

Since I am driving down to New York, and it seems likely that even if it is a larger size, it is likely to be under $50.00, which surely I can afford to spend, get a really good description of the bear, color of shirt, logo etc- so the child doesn't notice the difference (If there was a chewed up ear, I don't believe I will volunteer to do the honors! <G>) I'll see what I can find on board. If there is any question, I can email you. Since you're only in Rhode Island and I'm just over in CT, it should be easy enough to get the bear to you for your client.

Now. All I have to do is REMEMBER! Maria, and the other 68 of us on the 2 Sept four day trip. Everyone remind me, remind me, remind me!!!!!

Remember, a child's happiness (and Babbette's good client) ride on me remembering to do this. Bears before mojitos shall be my motto.

It would make me feel good to do something good for someone else.

Karie,

Who still hasn't started packing, though I made Marc get the suitcases down from the attic for me. They haven't spent much time up there this year! It seems we just put them up and it's time to bring them down again!

Hi Karie:

I've sent the "lineup" (picture) to my client for identification. I don't think you'll need to chew an ear... lol... if so, I can have my Miss Lily do the honors!

Many thanks.

Babette

Hi Karie:

I've sent the "lineup" (picture) to my client for identification. I don't think you'll need to chew an ear... lol... if so, I can have my Miss Lily do the honors!

Many thanks.

Babette

Excellent.

If they can remember the colors of the sweater and logo, I'll try to make sure I can get a match.

I hope Miss Lily is of the four legged variety, and not your dear old eccentric maiden aunt! <G>

Karie,

Glad to oblige.

(We'll have to beg a picture of the child enjoying his long-lost friend!)

Excellent.

If they can remember the colors of the sweater and logo, I'll try to make sure I can get a match.

I hope Miss Lily is of the four legged variety, and not your dear old eccentric maiden aunt! <G>

Karie,

Glad to oblige.

(We'll have to beg a picture of the child enjoying his long-lost friend!)

I dropped the photo into an email to the client. She couldn't open the link I sent.

She thought the bear was around $30 originally, but could be mistaken.

Miss Lily White is of the 4-footed feline family. It's not so much the chewing, she licks the "fur" right off a stuffed animal, slipper.. whatever she can find.

She thought the bear was around $30 originally, but could be mistaken.

Sorry to butt in here but I've been following this thread with interest. We have here a Cunard bear that we bought on the QE2 just a couple of weeks ago. He cost $29.99 and he is dark brown with a cream/beige fleecey jersey on that has a gold Cunard logo on and 'Qeen Elizabeth 2' in blue underneath. I recall they also did him in light brown too but don't recall if the jersey was any different. Now, clearly this teddy was 'produced' for the QE2 but I am wondering if they sell maybe the same teddy on QM2 with a different jersey on? I've also just noticed that he has 'Queen Elizabeth 2' embroidered in blue thread on the base of his left foot (bet that hurt!). The bear has a tag that says Posh Paws.

I remember they also did a smaller teddy wearing a bathrobe for around $17 but he wasn't anywhere near as cuddly!

I'm thinking the bear we have here is likely the one that you're looking for, but the QM2 version, assuming there is one?

Hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived