What is your Favorite Cruise Wine??

OhioJeff

I'm not a wine drinker either, but I do drink some at dinner while cruising. I just love sparkling wines- Asti Spumante. It seems to go quite well with everything to me :) It's definitely on the sweeter side, so it's easy down and not soooo dry.

You do not need to bring any wine with you, unless you have something special in mind. Carnival has a pretty fair wine list that should suit most tastes, at a reasonable price. Sure beats lugging all the weight around. I like chardonnay with seafood. They will have something available for all budgets.

MexicoBob

A white wine is always good with seafood. My personal favorite is a Pinot Grigio but if you get a "sweeter" Chardonnay, that's good as well.
I usually buy Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio, so maybe I will just stick with that.

Thanks

New Zealand makes Really Great Sauvignon Blanc Wines and Australian Chardonnays (Not as Oakey Tasting as many of the California Chardonnay Wines!)--many of the Ships Offer these Wines!!

Hope This Helps!!

CHEERS!

Julie

Riesling is a one of my favorite white wines. It can be a little sweeter, so it is what I started out drinking. Ask for help at your local wine store, as Riesling can be either dry or sweet, and pick one to suit your taste.

Also try to find a local winery that does tastings. Then you know what you are buying and are sure to enjoy the bottle. It sure does beat the long rows of selection at a wine store, where I often choose a type of wine and then find a pretty bottle or neat name! Not too scientific :D , but I generaly enjoy what I purchase!

Ally

Hmm, my favorite cruise w(h)ine.... probably ... WHYYYYYY IS My Cruise SOOOOOOO FAAAAAAR AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY.... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

Our waiter recommended a wine at dinner last year on the cruise and I cannot for the life of me remember, but it was delish... Each night we would tell him what we wanted, generally a merlot or shiraz, and he had some great recommendations...

• 5 months later...

If you like chardonnay, but want one with no oakey (sp) finish, this is a great choice! It is fermented in stainless steel barrels instead of the usual oak of many California chards. It's pretty reasonable and it's wonderfully light to go with any delicate seafood or when you're sittin & sippin on your balcony!!!

Karen

Bonnie Voyager, I've heard YellowTail makes a good merlot too but haven't tried it yet.
It is wonderful! A friend brought a bottle on my last cruise, and I loved it, which is surprising since I normally go for chardonnays.

The Robert Mondavi Chardonnay is very good, and the Beringer Chardonnay isn't bad as well. I tried a Chilean white wine on the ship named Caliterra that was fantastic. There's a winery in Bryan, TX (Messina Hof) that I will pretty much drink anything they make. I've never seen their wines sold outside of Texas, though; they're hard to find in Houston as it is.

I know it's considered a "cheap" wine, but I can drink Beringer's White Zin with anything, anytime. So what if it makes me look "classless"? I love it.

Wine is very much a personal preference, though, so I ditto the suggestion of finding a wine tasting to attend. Only you will know your likes and dislikes.

I'll ditto the earlier suggestion of Asti, also. Just tried that for the first time on my last cruise, also, and I ended up buying 3 bottles for New Year's Eve. Hmmm, I wonder if anyone else was going to want any...;)

Archived