63 days out and still not able to book excursions???

cruisin' again

Has anyone been this close - only 63 days out from our cruise - and still not been able to book excursions??

We can book for San Juan and St. Thomas, but not for St. Marten. This is for an Oct 29th sailing on the Victory to the Eastern Caribbean.

Every time I call they say there is no change in itinerary...anyone else have this problem this far out (or this close I should say)

Thanks!

Has anyone been this close - only 63 days out from our cruise - and still not been able to book excursions??

We can book for San Juan and St. Thomas' date=' but not for St. Marten. This is for an Oct 29th sailing on the Victory to the Eastern Caribbean.

Every time I call they say there is no change in itinerary...anyone else have this problem this far out (or this close I should say)

Thanks![/quote']

I would contact CCL directly if I were you. You should be able to book....must be changing up the port days.

Hi cruisin',

We were looking at the shore excursions for the Conquest in Feb. The website says that one can book if within 180. At 170 I called to see what the problem was. They said that they are just finishing negotiations with vendors for the end of 2006 and 2007 would be put in in a few months. It may be that they are just having trouble negotiating with the vendors in St. Marten. If you call and ask, a rep should be able to tell you what the hold up is.

HAVE FUN!! I am still over 5 months out and cannot wait!!!!

Well, I just tried to call again...unfortunately that department isn't open on the weekends. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try again...

There is an excursion I REALLY REALLY want, so I hope nothing is changing for our sailing!!

Thanks for the input!

On our last cruise we were able to book some of our excursions on Carnivals website, but not all of the ones we wanted were listed. A couple we had to wait until we were on the ship. Is that the problem you are having that the excursion you want is not being offered. If so just wait till you board and book them from your room.

On our last cruise we were able to book some of our excursions on Carnivals website, but not all of the ones we wanted were listed. A couple we had to wait until we were on the ship. Is that the problem you are having that the excursion you want is not being offered. If so just wait till you board and book them from your room.

It's not just indivdual excursions, it's the whole port of St. Maarten that we can't book for. The one I want I know is so limited...that's why I'm concerned. Otherwise, it wouldn't really matter as much, you know??

Thanks!

It's not just indivdual excursions' date=' it's the whole port of St. Maarten that we can't book for. The one I want I know is so limited...that's why I'm concerned. Otherwise, it wouldn't really matter as much, you know??

Thanks![/quote']

One bit of light at the end of the tunnel is that if you aren't booking it neither is anyone else. I think you'll be okay. Just keep checking back and don't get too stressed. After all, in 60 or so days, you're GOING TO BE CRUISING!!!!!!!!!!

We can book for San Juan and St. Thomas' date=' but not for St. Marten. This is for an Oct 29th sailing on the Victory to the Eastern Caribbean.

Thanks![/quote']

Check with CCL support, they were a pleasure to deal with, and gave me all the info my PVP didn't have. She too informed me that my excursions were still in the negotiation stage and should post aound Sept 1, for 2007. Since you are going sooner, these would be the people to conact.

MikeM.. We are cruising in Feb. and I cannot figure out how you are able to get some excursion and I can"t?? What am I doing wrong?? I have my Funpass done, my booking number is in my profile, I go to the link "are you booked" and click on it and it just brings me back to our itinary?? am i suppose to be someplace else?? Please help!:D

MikeM.. We are cruising in Feb. and I cannot figure out how you are able to get some excursion and I can"t?? What am I doing wrong?? I have my Funpass done, my booking number is in my profile, I go to the link "are you booked" and click on it and it just brings me back to our itinary?? am i suppose to be someplace else?? Please help!:D

We're cruising in February as well and can't book online yet, but we're sailing Western and MikeM is sailing Eastern. We've never had a problem booking online, so I assume Carnival hasn't finalized its contracts with the various excursion operators yet. dck - When are you sailing? We're on the 2/17 cruise.

I called again today, and the rep said they could even be 30 days out and might not be available to book. That the negotiations are still going on with the vendors and when they are done, they will be available....

Guess I'll have to keep checking...nothing new, I've been checking to see if they're available every day (sometimes more than once) since I was 180 days out! :eek:

On the MY Reservation page in the middle of the page it has your itinerary on the left and the shore excursions on the right. They will show as view shore excursions and as they become available the line changes to book shore excursions. Only 2 islands show up for us at this point and they only have a few ready to book. In the past as we get closer to the sail date the options increase. Hope this helps.

MikeM

Archived