Bringing your child's friend

ricksandy

We want to bring a friend along on our next cruise for our daughter. Actually this "friend" is my niece. Has anyone done this? - what is needed as far as identification, permission from parents, medical authority for treatment etc. This cruise isn't until Nov. 07, but I don't want to be caught off-guard - I want this to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks!

I brought my daughter's friend last summer. I had to get a notarized letter from her parents allowing me to take her out of the country (both parents had to sign it) and a certified copy of her birth certificate. I also got a letter authorizing me to make emergency medical decisions and a copy of her medical insurance card. Since you're cruising after 1-1-07 she'll also need a passport. Have fun!!

• 2 weeks later...
We want to bring a friend along on our next cruise for our daughter. Actually this "friend" is my niece. Has anyone done this? - what is needed as far as identification, permission from parents, medical authority for treatment etc. This cruise isn't until Nov. 07, but I don't want to be caught off-guard - I want this to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks!

ID in Nov. of 07 will be a passport unless Congress delays it again. You will need medical permission which should be notarized and you will need permission from BOTH parents.

Below is a web site with some info for traveling as a single parent but some of the info could be used in your situation, especially forms.

http://travelwithkids.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=travelwithkids&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.singleparenttravel.net%2FWriting%2FDocumentation%2F

Archived