Rock Wall - I know you have to be 6 yr old, but how tall?

DD was 6 last year but we learned onboard that she wasn't able to climb due to a height restriction. Since she wasn't tall enough, I didn't pay a lot of attention, but I think it was 48" - can anyone confirm?

She hit 48" this year and was able to up her intake of roller-coasters and is dying to do the rock wall.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what the limit on RCI is, but the limit is 42" in many climbing gyms; imposed because of the harnesses available for small children. I think I remember RCI using the Petzl Simba (5 - 10 yr old) harnesses on Sovereign and Empress, but different ships might have the Ouistiti harness from Petzl, that accomodates the average 4 year old. It's not that a younger child might not have the skill to climb, it's just that a child much younger might not fit safely in the smallest harness on hand. It's amazing how well a large 3 year old can climb if they're determined to keep up with other kids!

At 48" she should be good to go, hope she has a blast!

My daughter who just turned 8 climbed the wall last week on the Mariner. I don't remember there being any signs indicating a height requirement. She is barely 48 inches with shoes on with heels. In the climbing shoes she would not make 48 inches but no one measured her.

My 6 yr old son (48 3/4 inches) was measured against the height stick and he was over the mark but not by much. I didn't pay close attention to the comparison but 48" should be fine. I'm guessing the minimum was somewhere between 46 and 48".

Archived