What is the Most Unique Thing You Bring?

Gigi1220

I always pack a suction cup tooth brush holder. The suction cups hold it to the mirror and your toothbrushes and razor are out of the way. They cost a couple of bucks at Target, Wal-mart, K-Mart or similar stores.

I also posted this on the thread concerning power strips, but I thought it would be relevant to this thread also.

We always have a problem juggling the electric plug above the desk between my hair dryer, our sound machine, camera equipment, I-pod, razor charger, cell phone charger, etc. I went to look at the PowerSquid which is a great item, but too large to pack for a cruise.

The salesman at Radio Shack showed me another item that was just perfect. It is called Monster Power - Outlets to Go. The strip is only about 5-6 inches long. It has a flexible cord that should have no problem fitting into the wall socket right above the desk in the cabin. The cord plugs into the strip for compactness when packing. The four outlets on the strip are at opposite ends on both sides so they can easily accommodate the boxy plugs on some of our gadgets.

You can see a photo at http://www.monstercable.com/power/lineOutlets.asp. I see that they also have a 6-plug unit. The 4-plug unit is $19.99.

Ilene

Don't know how unique it is, but we always have small flashlights and extra batteries in our carryons. Also take a travel alarm clock (small) and a power strip.

Ordered a CASE of Downy Wrinkle Releaser online..............best ever stuff to cache away........

Have a great cruise!

I also posted this on the thread concerning power strips, but I thought it would be relevant to this thread also.

We always have a problem juggling the electric plug above the desk between my hair dryer, our sound machine, camera equipment, I-pod, razor charger, cell phone charger, etc. I went to look at the PowerSquid which is a great item, but too large to pack for a cruise.

You can see a photo at http://www.monstercable.com/power/lineOutlets.asp. I see that they also have a 6-plug unit. The 4-plug unit is $19.99.

Ilene

The plugs in the cabins are they only 1 actual plug or 2 plugs that make up an outlet...I am a newbie can you tell?

someone posted that they bring their own toilet paper....I wonder if that could cause a problem with the plumbing on board....I know some toilet/septic type systems require a special type of paper....using regular tp can clog things up....I would hate to be the cause of that happening.

One essential item mentioned in just one previous post, and one new item:

1) A backup pair of glasses. Having fallen asleep and rolled over my glasses once in Russia, then spent most of a day hopping all over Moscow trying to get them welded together, I ALWAYS take a backup pair of indoor glasses.

2) An Oceanmaster snorkel with valve which does not let water enter. Masks and fins can be rented anywhere, but a good Oceanmaster snorkel (inexpensive and easy to get on Ebay or online) makes a 1000% difference in the quality of a snorkeling excursion, especially if you are a less experienced snorkeler. We actually bring everything, even our own life vests, but it is the snorkel which makes all the difference.

Bill

We always take a small soft sided, cooler to take with us on tours. We pack water, apples & oranges and sometimes a beer or two.

cruzzers-Watch out taking that fruit on shore. Many ports will not allow it and you can find yourself in a bit of a pickle if you get caught on some islands. Fruit is one of the biggest no-nos in a foreign port to take ashore.

For those that always pack flashlights, I have a recommendation for you. Our cruise last week the power went out at our hotel the night before our flight. We went to the car and got our little flashlight that you just shake to make it work, no batteries required. We ended up taking it with us and it was great. No need to worry about having fresh batteries around and it runs for a very long time on a couple of shakes. Great bright light also.

Although there is more than enough food at any time of day or night on a cruise, I can't go to sleep unless I have a piece or 2 of cherry licorice (Twizzlers, of course!). If you have a favorite snack that you can't live without, bring it!

Bring extention cords, for extra outlets

1. laptop

2. still camera

3. toothbrushes (2)

4. video camera

5. fan

6. noise machine

7. PDA

8. cell phones (2)

9. crok pot

10. Alarm clock

11. CPAP

12 Humidifier

13 Chanukah Bush Lights

Noise mahine, leave her at home. CPAP or crap? Bush lights? Crok pot whats yah gunna cook that you can't get on the ship. Bring back the old steam liner trunks from the old days to pack all this stuff!

Archived