family reunion cruising

Kroosin

We just got off the Liberty and we had a wonderful time. We are hooked and are trying to hook our family as well. What would the Holiday or Fascination be like for a family vacation for a group of 25 first time (and nearly first time) cruisers ranging in age from 80 to 7 and every age group in between? I know we'd have a great time on the Liberty but would the smaller ship have as much to offer? Seasickness never bothered us on the Med. but what about the Caribbean? Is it possible to get dinner seatings at the same or close tables? Thanks, Kathleen

We just got off the Liberty and we had a wonderful time. We are hooked and are trying to hook our family as well. What would the Holiday or Fascination be like for a family vacation for a group of 25 first time (and nearly first time) cruisers ranging in age from 80 to 7 and every age group in between? I know we'd have a great time on the Liberty but would the smaller ship have as much to offer? Seasickness never bothered us on the Med. but what about the Caribbean? Is it possible to get dinner seatings at the same or close tables? Thanks, Kathleen

Have been on the Liberty as well, but also enjoy Fantasy class, of course you can get tables together. Seasickness has more to do with the ocean than the ship, yes the Carib can have rougher seas than the Med, it can also be very calm - it just depends, no way to predict in advance, of course if you are booked during the "season" you are always taking a risk...

On July 2nd my husband & I boarded the Miracle out of Tampa with 15 family members.........all cruising for the first time. I too hoped for them to get enthused like I was sure we would be and yes indeed it will be family cruising again.

We decided on late seating for dinner as we figured shore excursions might run late and no one wanted to rush to get ready for dinner. We had two tables right next to each other...one with 9 and the other with 8. It wasn't crowded at all.

As for seasickness....I would assume one could get it regardless of the size of the ship if the water was rough enough. We had one night during dinner that it started to rock and roll a little.....only one of us had to excuse himself from the dining room.........it was definitely a weird feeling if not used to it. Some of our family took ginger from day one.....a few took bonine and one had the wrist bands. The one that did get a little sick hadn't been taking anything and ended up taking the bonine once he got sick......it did help.

And yes we willl all sail again..........what a great vacation that was!!

Anything I can help you with as far as family cruising just ask away.

Just make sure you TA or PVP links all your bookings together and you should get dinner seating together as well. Last Dec. we did a family reunion with my 7 siblings and all the mates (13 in all). We had hoped to have one really big table but they gave us one big table (a 9-top)with a small table for 4 right next to it. We decided right away after boarding that we would just switch off who would sit at the 'naughty' (LOL) table each different night so no one felt totally left out of the family group. Our wait staff fully understood what we were doing as we played musical chairs. One of the nights we put all the siblings at the big table and the 'outlaws' at the little table so we could do some family reminissing. All in all we had a wonderful time, although there were a few glitches and 'misunderstandings' along the way. Such is family life.

Kathy in Maine

Archived