Barbados After the Cruise

KLRDUKS

I have an interesting dilemma and hopefully, someone can help. We are on the 3/31/07 Panama Canal trip on the Windstar. We arrive in Barbados on the morning of April 14 and are flying out the morning of the next day.

We signed up through our TA for the transfers and hotel that Windstar contracts with, the Accra Beach Hotel. However, we are on the “wait list” to get a room at the Accra and I think I may have found out why:

1) There are 3 cruise ships arriving in Barbados on 4/14.

2) It is Spring Break season.

3) Apparently, the Cricket World Cup will also be there around the same time.

My question is this, has anyone else ever been on one of Windstar’s waitlists and did they clear? Most other hotels are full or have multi-day minimums so should we try and fly out the afternoon of 4/14? Are there any other “insider” tips on getting a hotel for the night in Barbados?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The biggest reason is the Cricket World Cup.. I've never been on their waitlist but I would make an assumption (and I could be wrong), but the cruise line has contracts with the hotels every year.. the world cup is once for 1mth (ok.. every 4 years.. but not always in the same place).

I would like to think that you are more on a list rather than a waitlist. the hotel likely wants to see how many people they can accommodate for the world cup and those people staying longer.. than booking a room for a 1 night stay.

do you also have your flights booked with Windstar?? if so, they should be able to do something for you with regards to the 1 night stay.

Archived