Concierge Lounge on The Oosterdam

There will be 10 of us sailing on Holland America's Oosterdam to Mexico next year. We have reserved five Deluxe Verandah Suites and are curious what the Neptune Lounge provides to Suite customers. I guess the real question is do they provide wine or champagne? Also anyone that has traveled on this ship any comments on the suites S7048,50,52, 54 & 7056. Thanks for any help or suggestions that you can give us.

The Neptune lounge does not provide wine/champagne. You can buy it in the dining room, I suppose, and have it in your stateroom, or order it from room service, but you'll have to pay for it.

They provide a large continental breakfast, great coffees (including cappuccino, etc.), fresh fruits, cereals, milk, tea, rolls/croissants, etc...

Later in the day, they'll have sandwiches and other snacks.

Magazines/periodicals. The concierge can set up reservations for Pinnacle Grill, excursions, help you set up an in-suite cocktail party or dinner, work on any billing problems. You can drop off your laundry/dry-cleaning there.

They're there to make your life easier, and generally do a great job. :D

:) Oosterdam

You will have a concierge and an assistant in the Neptune Lounge. He/she can also take care of your charge card.

They have a list of wines that can be ordered for dinner - either dining room.

They can also run off more stationary if you need to write extra notes.

We were in cabin 7054. When we returned from our cruise last March, I wrote a description of the cabin. But unfortunately it has been lost. We loved the room. All those cabins are near the Neptune Lounge.

On our back-to-back cruises on the Westerdam we were not able to get that cabin so we settled for 7053.

:)

Thank's for the information on the Neptune Lounge, I will pass it on to my cruising companions. Being from California, and not too far from the Wine Country, we spend much too much time in Sonoma & Napa as we are also foodies, and much too much $$$ on fine wines, and then again on those that are not too pricey, but still fine with all of us. Just checking to see what we need to bring for our late afternoon glass of wine, before the evening activities begin. We appreciate your help.

Thanks for the great information. While it's a year before we take this cruise, I think some of what makes a cruise so special is the pre-planning. Last weekend at our "Wonderful 4th of July Parade" here in Huntington Beach, Ca. some of us got this great idea to go CRUISING next year. The idea got better and better after Margarita's were served at our neighborhood barbeque, and by the time the fireworks show was over we had 5 couples signed up. Glad you liked S7054, so far we have never stayed in a suite that we didn't like, or a cruise that we didn't have a great time on, and to make it even better this time, we don't have to worry about any airline conections or luggage getting lost or arriving late. Again thanks for your time and information.

I could not access your email so am posting. We will be staying in Sonoma & Napa for four nights just after Labor Day. We have stayed at the Lodge in Sonoma and both Harvest Inn and Inn at Southbridge in St. Helena. Any suggestions for us on lodging? We have not done too much touring in Sonoma but are members of a few wine clubs in Napa. Sorry for an off topic post. Carol

Neptune Lounges are very nice. There are usually books, newspapers and magazines available. The suite cocktail party is held there and it is a nice way to meet people. The snacks that are available all day are very good. Try the cookies.

The suite cocktail party the first evening on the Oosterdam is not held in the Neptune Lounge - the Neptune Lounge on the Vista ships cannot hold everyone.

The first week we were on the Oosterdam it was held in the Explorer's Lounge.

The second week it was held in the Half Moon and Hudson Rooms.

The only reason it wasn't held the first week in the Half Moon and Hudson Rooms was because there was a bridge tournament going on all day, all night, every day of that week.

We loved the lounge - just got back from Caribbean 7/3-7/10 run. We were invited to sit in the lounge until the suites were ready to be occupied - they had snacks and drinks there. Our first night reception with the captain was there and they had free bar drinks and wine for the guests. You get a complimentary bottle of champagne in your suite so you can enjoy that during the trip. There are also games and a TV with CNN to watch while you eat breakfast, etc. There is a great cappuccino machine in there that is very popular and they have a stock of movies to check out. We were in 7052 which I picked for the past two cruises because it is close, but not right at the Lounge so there aren't people right outside your door all the time.

Carol, hope you get this message about Sonoma. A group of our friends (some of the same ones that are going on the cruise), went up to Sonoma in March to celebrate my husband's "big birthday". We also stayed at The Inn at Sonoma, we love the cottages. And of course there is always the beautiful Sonoma Mission Inn. I have a good friend that always know the best restaurants to eat at, no matter where we are going. It can be Europe or U.S., she keeps up with the latest. If you are interested I will have her email you with some suggestions. Also I can get my husband to list some of the great off the beaten tract wineries that we discovered on this latest trip. Let me know if we can help.

Archived