Where does the Jewel dock in Miami

nataliew

Just a silly question from your UK friends, where about does the Jewel dock in Miami as my party and I are staying at the Four Points Hotel by the Sheraton Beach. Is this hotel ok and is it near to everything:)

Nataliew,

The only Four Points Hotel that I could find was as follows:

Sheraton Four Points Hotels

1208 N Ocean Blvd

Pompano Beach, FL 33062

If that's the one you're staying at, you're a good ways North from the Port of Miami since Pompano Beach is in Broward County whereas the Port of Miami is in Miami-Dade County. Unless this hotel will provide you with transportation to the pier, a cab is probably going to be $100 or more with tip.

If that's not the right hotel, then if you can provide an address, I can help you with more info.

Thanks,

Michele

Nataliew,

The only Four Points Hotel that I could find was as follows:

Sheraton Four Points Hotels

1208 N Ocean Blvd

Pompano Beach, FL 33062

Michele

I found a four points at:

4343 Collins Ave

Miami Beach, FL 33140

USA

Sounds like it's about 5 miles from downtown Miami but I'm not really familiar with the area.

-Monte

I found a four points at:

4343 Collins Ave

Miami Beach, FL 33140

USA

Sounds like it's about 5 miles from downtown Miami but I'm not really familiar with the area.

-Monte

Here is a link to a map showing this hotel north of south beach. The ship docks on Dodge Island lower left on the map.

http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&tab=wl&q=4343%20Collins%20Ave%20

Here is a link to a map showing this hotel north of south beach. The ship docks on Dodge Island lower left on the map.

You can see the hotel here

The ship here

I was just going to say - what no picture? I see the links but frankly I'm a little disappointed. Usually you have a picture ready for any occasion.:D

I was just going to say - what no picture? I see the links but frankly I'm a little disappointed. Usually you have a picture ready for any occasion.:D

Ok since the links did not work as well as I hoped here is a picture of the hotel :)

na862ex4_md.jpg

And the dock on Dodge Island

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=4343+Collins+Avenue,+Miami+Beach,+FL&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=25.774562,-80.166442&spn=0.010512,0.020921&t=h&om=1

And a better view of Hotel in relationship to the pier

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=4343+Collins+Avenue,+Miami+Beach,+FL&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&z=14&ll=25.796646,-80.138912&spn=0.042039,0.083685&iwloc=A

A little better but next time it should be on the first try. Hehe.

And where do you park in relation to the Jewel? Will be driving from Mobile,AL with an over night stop in Titusville.

Pull into the dock area, drop off the luggage with the porters, parking will be right in front of the dock area. It's a breeze except if you get there during an exceptionally busy drop off time (12p-2p seems to be the worst in our experience) and you're trying to jockey for position just to pull in to drop the luggage and then jockeying for position just to pull back out. Go with the flow and you'll be fine....if you don't spot the directional signs for the parking just ask the porter to direct you.

Parking Lot, and if I remember correctly, it was $12 a day (cash).:o

http://www.miamidade.gov/portofmiami/directions.asp

Parking for cruise passengers is $12 per day. Parking for visitors is $5 per day. Cash or credit cards are accepted (Visa or Master Card only).

Directions From I-95:

Take I-95 north or south to I-395. Follow the directional signs to the Biscayne Boulevard exit. When you get to Biscayne Blvd., make a right. Go to 5th Street which converts to Port Blvd. (landmark: American Airlines Basketball Arena) make a left and go over the Port bridge. Follow directional signs to designated terminal.

And where do you park in relation to the Jewel? Will be driving from Mobile,AL with an over night stop in Titusville.

Where will you be staying in Titusville??? Hopefully not on US1, and how far are you away from titusville.. im a little familiar with the area since we are 60 miles of there and have a timeshare on cocoa beach we visit often.

there isnt much in titusville. when are you traveling? id suggest 5 more miles to cocoa beach if you could make it..Titusville is a BLAH, UGLY town. not that it matters, just nicer on cocoa beach, with a bit of atmosphere.

diane

How far is the Port in Miami from the airport? We are thinking about flying into West Palm beach and renting a van to pick up a friend who might as well stay in FL until the cruise and then drive to the port to drop off the luggage and wait in line while Hubby returns the rental to the airport...unless of course there is somewhere to drop it off at the port? We should be able to get a good price on SW (or use one of our free tickets :D ), spend the night with our friend and then the 5 of us can take our time since the ship doesn't leave until 8PM. SW doesn't fly into Miami and I think renting a minivan will be less than a taxi from FLL and we can stop and get soda and other things that didn't fit in the luggage.

A few years ago I got the Hyatt for under $30 on Priceline and we could see our ship the next AM. Priceline is Plan B this time. :)

Does anyone know if the Pearl will have laundry facilities? Not sure if I should plan to wash a few things or if I am better off to overpack as I usual? :o Hubby won't be surprised if I do both! :p

i cant answer the questions about the Dawn, but i can tell you the airport in West Palm is about an hour north of the Miami Port. if you could fly into Ft lauderdale that would be better....its only about a half hour from there, if THAT far. and yes, id bet its cheaper than a taxi to rent a van. you would have it for the day. im not sure about leaving your luggage at the port too early. you could just keep the luggage in the van with you.

happy planning!!

diane :)

swptnk...our friend is in Boynton Beach so she is closer to West Palm. I had suggested picking her up and going to a hotel in Miami but she says we can stay at her place but she would have her car sent north earlier in the week. Not leaving until late in the day would give us enough time to get everything straightened out and put away at her place before we head to Miami and she wouldn't need to get a ride or take a bus. Thought that we would give them our luggage on the curb and wait in line while he returns the van.

dwrist...a lot of the cruise lines seem to have their building a the port. On our 1st cruise on the Majesty the taxi driver let us off and they put the tags on our luggage, collected the tip and took them away before we realized that we were at Royal Carribean, wrong Majesty. :eek: I think that driver had a buddy there? :mad: A younger couple helped us drag our luggage to NCL which was maybe a few blocks away but in the heat it felt like miles!

Does anyone know if the Pearl will have laundry facilities? Not sure if I should plan to wash a few things or if I am better off to overpack as I usual? :o Hubby won't be surprised if I do both! :p

All the 92,000 tons NCL ships have self service laundries, except the very first one built, Norwegian Star. Therefore, The N. Dawn, N.Jewel and Pride of Hawaii have them, and it's pretty safe to assume the N. Pearl and N. Gem will too.

Ships without self service laundries have a ship's laundry aboard where they wash your clothes for a fee, like a dry cleaning establishment.

AAHHHHHHHHHH okayyyyyyyyyyyyy... now im understanding this situation...

sounds like a good plan.. Flying sounds good, over driving...if you stayed in cocoa/cocoabeach, its another 2 1/2 hrs drive to Boynton, maybe more.

and yes dwrist, its a long port, and if we are let off at the wrong place, it IS a very long walk to the next ship.

the parking garages are right across the street from the ships. not a long walk at all... its a good set up they have there.

Happy planning kdg51!!! :)

diane

Archived