Opinion on the Bermuda "Nightlife" Cruise

shirleygr

I was wondering if this was a fun excursion. It is offered through RC. It's a glass bottom boat tour that goes out at night. I tried a search, but nothing came back. It's $65 pp so I would like to know if it is worth it. TIA

We happened to speak to people who had done this and they liked it (not loved it). They said it was nice to see the shoreline, but it got monotonous are 10 minutes and was the same as most any other island dinner / happy hour cruise. They said you can't really see much on the bottom... it's dark ...even with the lights the ship has.

As for fun... they drank a lot... if that's what you want...

Again, we didn't do the trip, but the people we met who did, didn't love it. You might though.

no it doesn't seem like it to me either. (Again we didn't do it personally).

In general, Bermuda isn't known for snorkelling or sea life in the same way as say, St. Thomas.

Personally, we found riding the buses around the island to be very interesting (for a few days).

Yeah, I was kinda wondering how a glass-bottom boat could be taken out at night....as if the ocean floor is just teaming with light.

exacltly. They had lights on the undersides of the boat the they shined on the bottom. The thing is the lights scare the fish and how much coral reef can you look at?

• 2 weeks later...

I did this a few years ago and it was nice but $65?!? I don't know if I'd pay that for each person. It was kinda cool being in the Bermuda Triangle at night and hearing all the cool shipwreck and ghost stories though I'm not gonna lie.

LaUrA

I did this a few years ago and it was nice but $65?!? I don't know if I'd pay that for each person. It was kinda cool being in the Bermuda Triangle at night and hearing all the cool shipwreck and ghost stories though I'm not gonna lie.

LaUrA

It needs to be extremely cool to be worth $65 per person-that's $130 for dh and myself. Thanks for the honest opinion. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I was wondering if this was a fun excursion. It is offered through RC. It's a glass bottom boat tour that goes out at night. I tried a search, but nothing came back. It's $65 pp so I would like to know if it is worth it. TIA

When we were docked at St. George last week, we saw the Coral Sea tied up. The excursion cost was only $30 and seemed reasonable. I asked people who had just gotten off and they said a waste of time. Not much fish to see and after a while became boring. Snorkling might be different. This is only $30 each and I passed. $65 yikes. I also read in the Bermuda Gazette that the cruise ships keep 40% of the excursion charges and the boat captains were complaining. I would too if it were my business. The night glass bottom boat sounds like it is basically a booze cruise. That is fine if that is what you want. If it is, why not do the real thing. Hawkins Island is a booze cruise to an island in Hamilton harbor with music and activities. The cost is roughly the same $75, I think. But I think you can drink all you want. You can get more information from the Fantaseas office next to the ferry stop in Hamilton. They also have a website. www.fantaseas.com. We wanted to do it but just didn't have the time.:)

Edward

Thanks for the ideas on things to do. We've decided to just stay on the ship on our overnight in Bermuda and do a nice romantic dinner at the specialty restaurant on board. But I think we may do snorkeling on our next trip to Bermuda. Or maybe the helmet dive. Have you done that? Is it as great as I've heard?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the ideas on things to do. We've decided to just stay on the ship on our overnight in Bermuda and do a nice romantic dinner at the specialty restaurant on board. But I think we may do snorkeling on our next trip to Bermuda. Or maybe the helmet dive. Have you done that? Is it as great as I've heard?

I personally have not done the helmet dive. But I have talked to people on the cruise ships and read the comments on these boards and it sounds like fun. One day we intend to fly to Bermuda and stay in a hotel or small cottage colony. Then we would have the whole 7 days to spend in Bermuda. Perhaps then we could try things like the helmet dive or the Segway tour that we didn't have time to squeeze in. It takes only a hour and 1/2 to 2 hours to fly in, but would give us more actual time in Bermuda. Just a thought as I do like the cruise as well obviously.:)

Archived