Has anyone ever brought a blender onboard?

Chelsm

I used to have to drink protein shakes every day, I had a hand blender for them, popped up and got my yogurt from the Windjammer, grabbed the milk, some fruit and blended it all up with my mix in my cabin.

I have a friend that takes a little coffee maker with her on cruises.

It just depends on the cruise line's alcohol policy....back in the day when you could still purchase bottles on booze onboard we took a cruise with a group of friends. Several of them were bartenders & we had 2 blenders with us. But our cabin steward also sold us beer from the crew bar & supplied a huge bucket for ice to keep the beer cold. :eek: These days I'd think it might be a bit harder.

My uncle brought a hand crank blender on my wedding cruise...

along with several bottles of tequilla and mixer!

we had room service deliver buckets of ice and had happy hour in his cabin several times that cruise

:D

Didnt know that an inside stateroom could handle 10 people drinkin' 'ritas comfortably, didja?!

Would I be crazy to attepmt this?

Not crazy at all! I'm bringing my Magic Bullet and I won't be making and protein shakes:) !!!! It's small, compact and perfect for mixing drinks!!!! :p Just bubble wrap the fragile part so that it doesn't break in your bag. I bubble wrap my blender, just as thick as I bubble wrap my booze! :D

Would I be crazy to attepmt this?

And don't forget the mini crock pot to keep the hor dourves hot. ;) And the iron so you'll look great while sipping and munching. :D

Bottom line, if you want to hassle with it why not. Me - I bring more shoes than any sane person would ever consider........

And don't forget the mini crock pot to keep the hor dourves hot. ;) And the iron so you'll look great while sipping and munching. :D

Bottom line, if you want to hassle with it why not. Me - I bring more shoes than any sane person would ever consider........

Keep these posts coming, blenders, irons, ironing boards, one man is bringing a table for his balcony. I show all of these posts to my DH and then say see I really do not overpack I could be bringing all of the above. Hey folks it's called vacation, remember. I guess whatever makes you happy. LOL

Keep these posts coming, blenders, irons, ironing boards, one man is bringing a table for his balcony. I show all of these posts to my DH and then say see I really do not overpack I could be bringing all of the above. Hey folks it's called vacation, remember. I guess whatever makes you happy. LOL

Very well put, it's your vacation of which you paid for! I'm bringing my booze, my iron and my magic bullet blender, however, I will leave the kitchen sink at home! :D Folks act like the CP (cruise police) on these boards sometimes, and personally I feel like until someone else is paying for MY cruise, then bite me if you don't like it . . . and I will be bring whatever the heck I want. Why should anyone else care . . . I paid just as much as others. It's not like I am mixing drinks in their cabin or even bringing it out of my cabin, or ironing their clothers. People complain about any and everything on these boards: dress attire, irons, smuggling booze, etc, yet they seem to continue to cruise! If you don't like what you see or hear, then buy some dark shades, ear plugs and duck tape for your mouth and go chill out by the pool! Until the cruiseline tells me to stop, then I am bringing it on with me! It's my party and I can do what I want to do! For those who don't like, go hit the lotto and buy a yacht so you can stay off public cruise ships and irritate someone else. :D :p

And don't laugh about that traveling with a table.:eek: Trust me, it can be done! And just how do I know this?

I bought an antique table while on vacation once for a great deal of $35. My husband laughed and said it was going to cost me $100 to get it home. So much for my great deal.

Ha! And what self respecting DW is going to let a challenge like that go by?;) My friend and I took the legs off the table and layed them along the table top. Then we "borrowed" her DH's luggage garment bag and put the table in the bag.

When we got to the airport I put the garment bag in one of the airlines garment bag boxes and off it went with our checked baggage! For not one penny extra as we only had 2 bags between us that flight. :D

Very well put, it's your vacation of which you paid for! I'm bringing my booze, my iron and my magic bullet blender, however, I will leave the kitchen sink at home! :D Folks act like the CP (cruise police) on these boards sometimes, and personally I feel like until someone else is paying for MY cruise, then bite me if you don't like it . . . and I will be bring whatever the heck I want. Why should anyone else care . . . I paid just as much as others. It's not like I am mixing drinks in their cabin or even bringing it out of my cabin, or ironing their clothers. People complain about any and everything on these boards: dress attire, irons, smuggling booze, etc, yet they seem to continue to cruise! If you don't like what you see or hear, then buy some dark shades, ear plugs and duck tape for your mouth and go chill out by the pool! Until the cruiseline tells me to stop, then I am bringing it on with me! It's my party and I can do what I want to do! For those who don't like, go hit the lotto and buy a yacht so you can stay off public cruise ships and irritate someone else. :D :p

Anyone else see the irony with this post? More directly the "Until the cruise line tells me to stop, then I am bringing it on with me!" part???? I personally could care less what you bring......but thanks for the laugh:rolleyes:

Anyone else see the irony with this post? More directly the "Until the cruise line tells me to stop, then I am bringing it on with me!" part???? I personally could care less what you bring......but thanks for the laugh:rolleyes:

Glad I made you laugh, and even more glad you like to mind your own business and can careless what others bring since it's RCI ship! :p

I don't find this funny at all. A couple of years ago we took the entire extended family on a cruise. We booked an aft Jr suite and it served as the meeting room. I brought a blender from wallmart, new, less than $20. I also brought the little TGIF cartons that make 1 blender full of stuff. It was perfect!! We had frozen drinks whenever we wanted and didn't have to treck all over the ship and back to have a drink on the aft balcony. We had some great times. We always bought our drinks whenever we were not in the cabin, so we still had quite a bar tab. We left the blender for the room steward and he was thrilled. He had been great about bringing ice during the week. The room it took in my luggage coming was filled with island treasures on the way home.

I have not had the need to do this since, but it was great for that cruise. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, those were the days....

We too brought a blender on a cruise a few years back. We brought the stuff to make margaritas and TGIF mudslides!! I believe we left the blender behind since we only paid $20 for it and it served its purpose and more than paid for itself!

I'm bringing my booze, my iron and my magic bullet blender, however, I will leave the kitchen sink at home!

Jeez, if I hear that a fire was caused by a margarita drinking passenger who was ironing in their cabin on Freedom in October, I'll know who started it. Blenders are one thing ... irons are DANGEROUS.

We carry a plastic cocktail shaker and it works pretty well for everything from protein drinks to martinis. No worries about it breaking in luggage.

I think it is wonderful everyone is so creative. I'm just lucky if I get to my flight on time with my suit cases. Let alone blenders. I love cruise vactions because other than clothes everything is taken care of! And I love that. I don't mind the bar tab nor the laundry bill...

No worries be happy !:)

Gee, I wonder what RCI security would do if someone forwarded them a link on this thread...bragging about breaking the rules, thumbing your nose at the cruise line, and at the same time posting your name and the date of your next cruise... Hmmmmm...

:cool:

LL

no it is not crazy. I have known many to do this and all you have to do is put the alcohol in CHECKED luggage. NEVER the carry on and you will get it delivered to your cabin.. use TSA locks if it will make you feel better.

Have a great cruise and have a pina colada for me!

The ice machines are on all decks at the end of the hall in a room with a dispenser.

Well heck, I think I'm going to bring my DVD player and my surround sound system and crank up the noise! After all it's MY vacation and MY room and I paid for it.:p

C'mon now . . that might not fly over very well . . .

You're forgetting the Rebel Rules . . . the rules are:

1. You can bring your iron even though you may burn your cabin to a toast (but no problem with the cigarettes . . . smoke as much as you like it's no big deal if I burn my cabin down from smoking in it)

2. Bring the booze to save some cash, but better yet bring the blender to save even more cash, and oh yeah the salt from the margarita can help put out the fire from the iron (what was I thinking)

3. Bring the card table for extra dining space on the balcony and to operate as an ironing board.

4. Feel free to hog as many pool chairs as possible, even though you have no intention on laying in the chair in lets say . . . . . hmm . . . . I don't know . . . the next 4 hours maybe!

5. Be nosy with your tablemates and try to pry as much info as possible because you have NO idea how they could afford to take this cruise. And feel free to blow your nose at the dinner table since some people are accustomed to doing this after eating. Who cares if others think it's disgusting, and would prefer not to hear you clear your sinuses at the table. :mad:

6. Feel free to push, be rude, and obnoxious when it's time to tender at the ports or when the shows are about to start.

7. Allow your brats . . I mean children . . . to act like smalls animals in the wild while you completely ignore them and act as if you are a childless couple.

But you cannot bring a boom box, that might disturb other guest and be a tad bit tacky. :D

Did I miss anything? :confused:

We brought a blender on our 1/7/06 Voyager sailing and also on our January 2005 Mariner sailing.

We brought a small plastic one (Hamilton Beach I think) from Wal-Mart, it was about $12, light, makes about 24oz of drink. It's probably made 100+ frozen drinks now and hasn't burned out.

Well heck, I think I'm going to bring my DVD player and my surround sound system and crank up the noise! After all it's MY vacation and MY room and I paid for it.:p

Right on!

I'll bring the blender and the rita fixins!!

But we'll have to invite the neighbors on either side to circumvent the late night party noise!

Whoooo-hoooooo!

Archived