Felix-waiter on the Norway

Since one favorite waiter has been posted, let me please add mine. He is David, in the regular dining rooms for all our Norway cruises except the last one where he was assigned to the Le Bistro.

David was very efficient, made jokes when we joked with him, always smiled, always remembered what we were drinking from dinner to dinner, and so on.

I'd like to relate a Norway story from my second cruise on her. We always dined in the Leeward (former second class) restaurant. On this cruise, David was assigned to the Windward dining room so we went there for lunch.

While eating, the matire'd came over and said "Weren't you on the Norway just about a month ago?" I replied that yes, it was five weeks previous.

"Weren't you the one always asking for shrimp cocktail?", he asked.

I told him that I had asked for shrimp at each meal and was told there was none on the Norway.

"I thought so", said the matire'd. "What's your table number in Leeward. I know your not in my dining room this cruise".

I told him our table number.

"Okay. Shrimp cocktail every night", he said, after writing our table number on his pad.

That evening, as we went to sit down at our table for ten, our waiter brought two shrimp cocktails to us. "And who do you know?", smiled our table mates.

It was fun, and we did get it every night.

Archived