Radiance Class D1 v.s. E1 cabins

Anyone out there experienced with D1 and E1 cabins on the Radiance Class ships? I'm wondering where the 25 sq ft difference comes into play.

Just booked 8086 on the Brilliance Transatlantic in 07 as it was the only cabin left with a larger balcony, but wonder what will be sacrificed by the smaller cabin. I have never sailed RCL so have no idea. My husband is 6'4' so, taking that into consideration, maybe a standard D1 balcony would be better. Booked a great aft D1 next year for Alaska, but no such luck on this one.

We have sailed in both E1 and D1 staterooms on Radiance class ships and about the only difference we noted was that there was a full length couch in the D1 while the E1 could only accommodate a two cushion loveseat. The E1 reminded me of a standard outside room with balcony on Princess ships. Actually, the E1 was still probably bigger since the Princess stateroom only had a barrel chair in place of the couch or loveseat and you had to shift it to get out to the balcony or to access the refrigerator. No such problem with an E1 or a D1.

We had cabin 8086 on the Brilliance this summer in the Med, and in comparing it to the D1's (which we've also had on previous cruises) the only main difference is in the length of the cabin. As the last poster stated, the D1 has a full length sofa, while the E1,2 and 3's only have a loveseat. The BEST thing about cabin 8086 is the very large balcony!! We had 2 tables, 2 loungers and 2 small chairs out there. You'll really enjoy this one.

Thanks for the quick replies. I feel much better now. Can live with the loveseat. I really wanted the larger balcony and it was great to hear from someone who actually had stayed in 8086. If you have any pictures I would love to see them. Let me know and I'll give you my email.

Archived