Miracle Aft Balcony?

loungelizard

I loved it....wife hated it.

The +'s

You don't feel boxed in. It's sort of like an open balcony. It's a little larger, however the extra space is taken away by the fact that the rail and plexiglass are at a tilt, so it's only good if you stand at 2 1/2 feet. Except on deck 4.

The -'s. It's noisy at sea. I mean NOISY. You can see the people below you, and the people above you can see you. There's no shade for most of the day, unless you're at the right angle. Or on deck 4.

It is a long walk to the front of the ship. It is relatively quiet in the hallways as there's virtually no traffic.

There is vibration back there, with a little bit of motion wise.

I just sailed the Spirit in Alaska with an aft corner balcony and loved it! The Spirit is the identical layout as the Miracle. I had 8273. We had rain most every day and there was not much overhead protection. It can get pretty hot in the Caribbean w/o the cover when the sun is directly on the aft, but the views are worth it for me. (keep the curtains closed during the day and the room stays cooler) Motion was no different for me either from times when we have been mid-ship. Some people complain about the distance from the elevators, but again, not a factor for me. I found a small amount of soot on our chairs, nothing major. You do not have the privacy from people looking down on your balcony like you do on the side cabins. With that said, we really enjoy our aft cabins and prefer them to anywhere else on the ship. Here is a link to pictures of the cabin and balcony; hope this helps!

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=553196139&security=hdswSN

Archived