LIVE from Mariner 8/27

amyo28

Hello all! Writing from the Mariner Day 2 of the Western Caribbean itinerary. DH and I are here with another couple who are good friends of ours, separate cabins though. The ship is beautiful and we are having a great time, E1 center hump cabin 8618, our steward is Anne and she is really nice so far. we love the cabin, it is not that small and the bathroom is fine too --- I was scared after hearing some of the talk! There is room for all our stuff and probably at least one more person. Our balcony also seems pretty big. And the bed is bigger than our bed at home and I think it is pretty comfortable.

The first day was nice and sunny, today was cloudy and stormy with pretty rough seas, but we are still having a good time. I think we are hitting some of Ernesto's outer bands or something. I am taking Bonine and so far have been ok. The wind is FIERCE on the pool deck though, some chairs were blowing around.

They have been enforcing hand sanitizing at every meal which is great. They are also being strict with carding, at least at the Vintages bar -- my DH and I thought we were ok with just our seapasses but the waiter made us go up to our rooms and get our driver's licenses -- and we are 26!!! I guess we'll be glad to look young when we're older.

Food so far has been pretty good, I was disappointed with the first day lunch buffet at the windjammer but since then everything has been great. One problem --- they are labeling sandwiches as ham and when you take one it turns out to be bologna -- uch! Happened twice to me so far.

One of our friends won a texas hold'em tournament and won $800 -- I came in fourth, oh well. :) They have made the Connoisseur club a poker room with two tables and they have tournaments once or twice a day, they are trying to get cash games going but often there aren't enough people. However it is still hard keeping my DH out of the poker room, I hope he dones't lose too much money!

Tonight we are going to the adult comedy show (not sure this is going to be to my taste but we'll see) and tomorrow Labadee!! I hope it doens't rain and if I can get up early I might go to beach yoga.:) so far everything has been wonderful! I will check back if people have any questions.

We set my mom and her husband up in cabin 8622 next month and was wondering what you thought about the hump. Their cabin would probably be equivilent to your neighbor on the right of you (8616). Will they have a good spot? I tried to get them as close to center of the hump as I could. It seems to be just off center but who knows with maps. Any info would be great. We will be the complete other end in 8516.

Hope your having fun!

Harley - We were in 7622 last week and it is one of the center cabins. I noticed that our room and 7620 were both the center of the hump cabins (it was more center than the diagram on the internet showed). Rooms 7624 (our left) and 7618 (neighbors right) both started curving back towards the other balconies.

One of our friends won a texas hold'em tournament and won $800 -- I came in fourth, oh well. :) They have made the Connoisseur club a poker room with two tables and they have tournaments once or twice a day, they are trying to get cash games going but often there aren't enough people. However it is still hard keeping my DH out of the poker room, I hope he dones't lose too much money!

Can you find out how much it is to enter the Tournaments? I heard the final tourney on Saturday is $50.00 but I was wondering if the other tournaments were cheaper.

Thanks

I wanted to jump in on the 'hump' question...being anywhere on the hump is fabulous. We have stayed in 7622,7620,7618 (73**) is a mirror image of these balconies on the other side of the ship. Our next trip on Mariner this Oct we will be staying in 7314. I have tried to put together a pic showing the hump balconies with room numbers. I hope this works out.

Follow this link to see the pic:

http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/4621/2001251604247032898_rs.jpg

I am so excited for them. I don't think they really know how good of a spot they got. The last time they were in an inside cabin. I would have loved to score one on deck 9 but unfortunately I didn't. Oh, well I'm sure we'll be fine on the end. It'll feel kind of like a dog with his head out the drivers window!:rolleyes: Does that make sense?

I wanted to jump in on the 'hump' question...being anywhere on the hump is fabulous. We have stayed in 7622,7620,7618 (73**) is a mirror image of these balconies on the other side of the ship. Our next trip on Mariner this Oct we will be staying in 7314. I have tried to put together a pic showing the hump balconies with room numbers. I hope this works out.

Follow this link to see the pic:

ttp://aycu22.webshots.com/image/4621/2001251604247032898_rs.jpg

Thanks Mama for the webshot. We are in 9614JS for the 9/17 cruise. The pic really got us EXCITED about the Mariner

Hey Manyara...want to get even more excited? that pic I got off another site and added the room numbers to...those people were staying in your exact cabin 9614...here's a link to all their pics which include many pics of your very soon to be room. ENJOY!

http://community.webshots.com/album/547456253WtStqD

Thanks again Mama! Almost fainted with anticipation. This is our second time on Mariner--first for a Mariner JS. Mariner is our favorite.

The poker tournaments are all a $50 buy in for 1000 in chips, with the option of a $25 rebuy in the first 30 minutes that gives you 800 in chips, and after the first hour the option of a $25 add-on that gives you an extra 800 in chips.

hi mark, the seas were rough monday night but they have settled down and hopefully we will have smooth sailing from here on out. Labadee and Jamaica were both nice and sunny, brief rainshowers in the afternoon but nothing big.

hey whitsmom I lived in Etown from Aug 2005 to July 2006 (for a one year job), we really were neighbors! I'm in Louisville now though. Back from Mariner and it was GREAT!:) However I must say our apartment feels so spacious after our cabin!:)

Poker: in the compass it says what time of day the poker room opens and what time of day any tournaments are.

Quest: I know they did the quest, not sure about the liars club.

Shows, entertainers, ice show: no idea, the only shows we went to were the adult comedy and the love and marriage. the adult comedy guy was pretty awful, IMO, but some people loved him.

I am going to write a full review hopefully soon, be on the lookout if you are interested!:)

Archived