Westerdam's Schedule???

platterb

Does anyone know about a change in Westerdam's itenararies in January? Up until a month ago, the ship's schedule was: 1/7 Western Caribbean, 1/14 Western Caribbean, 1/21 Eastern Caribbean and 1/28 Southern Caribbean.

Now, I can't find a listing for the ship for either 1/7 or 1/14; 1/21 still has it going Eastern Carib but the 1/28 is Western and not Southern.

Barbara,

I'm still a newbie and not sure how to verify (w/o calling HAL directly) the specific itineraries for the Wdam for January, but I will say that I logged in to HAL website, entered my booking number as if I were ready to book a shore excursion, and the HAL website still lists DH and I for the 1/28 Wdam cruise to the Southern Caribbean. For this sailing, it still lists the ports of calls (for which you can buy excursions) for HMC, Aruba, and Curacao. I sure felt better after seeing online that all of this info was still the same, but does anyone know if that honestly means anything or not? I have learned from reading here on CC that things unfortunately can (and do!) change....

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? TIA!

Amy

Schplinky--Maybe I'm dreaming this up, but I thought you had a cabin for the Westerdam cruise leaving on January 21. Am I right about this?.....are you still planning to go? Have you had luck yet finding a pre or post cruise hotel? (that is, if you need one!! ;) )

Amy

We a booked. We had a VF and were hoping for something better and then suddenly, almost all catgeories opened up and we grabbed a VA guarantee (we could have had a specific room but felt like gambling with the guarantee). The next day, all the cabins were gone again. I think someone is grabbing and releasing group space because when it becomes available, there are litterally dozens of rooms.

We're actually staying in orlando for a couple of days before the cruise to go to Disney World. Then, we will rent a car from Alamo and drop it off in FLL. There is no extra fee for this and hotels in Orlando were much cheaper. If I was staying in FLL, I would use Priceline and bid 2.5 stars or more to avoid the Days Inns.

Glad you were able to get the VA guarantee. Hopefully you'll get a nice upgrade!

Ahhh, Disney World...that should be fun for you! IMO, there is so much more for an adult to enjoy at Disney World than there is for kids. I can imagine that Orlando is cheaper than FLL in the way of hotels. I'm having trouble finding a nice, yet fairly inexpensive hotel that also isn't a hole in the wall for a pre-cruise stay on 1/27 (it seems there are several nasty hotels in FLL!) Fortunately, we qualify for government employee rates, so I found a good rate for the La Quinta near the airport. I will try Hotwire or PL as the dates get closer for possibly an upgrade at a lower price! Flying in a day early was not part of our original plan/budget, so we're trying to be somewhat frugal. Schplinky, I'm just curious... have you purchased your airfare yet?

Amy

We saw that La Quinta. It looked really nice. We stayed at a Days Inn or Comfort Inn (I think my mind has removed it from memory) and when you sat on the bed, your rump would hit the box spring!!!

I thought FLL was a lot more even than Miami

We got a direct flight from Ottawa to Orlando on Air Canada, which is wonderful. We're always having to connect.

Does anyone know about a change in Westerdam's itenararies in January? Up until a month ago, the ship's schedule was: 1/7 Western Caribbean, 1/14 Western Caribbean, 1/21 Eastern Caribbean and 1/28 Southern Caribbean.

Now, I can't find a listing for the ship for either 1/7 or 1/14; 1/21 still has it going Eastern Carib but the 1/28 is Western and not Southern.

1/14/07 is chartered to the Legendary Rhythm and Blues Cruise.

Archived