Where to eat in St Martin

flyerschik

My boyfriend and I will be experiencing St Martin for the first time on Nov 1st via the Carnival Glory. We tried to book Joyce for the day but we were too late and sadly, she was already booked.:( We plan to spend most of our day exploring the French side of the island and are looking for a place to have lunch. I'm a bit of a food snob and have heard that St Martin is the restaurant capital of the Caribbean. We're looking for a nice French/Caribbean style restaurant. I've read reviews of the so-called top restaurants but want to avoid touristy places if possible. Are my expectations too high?

Any info you can pass on would be greatly appreciated!!!

Try the Tropicana at the Port in Marigot, great food and nice atmosphere. Although not on the French side, and not exactly french/Caribbean, if you venture over to the Simpson Bay area, try the lobster thermador at Pineapple Pete's, it is AWESOME!

Best restaurants are in Grand Case - lots and lots of them - this is the French side. Is about 15 -20 minutes from Orient Beach. Not sure all the restaurants are open for lunch, but I suggest going there and just choose one. I don't remember the names!

Also, beach bars at Orient Beach and Friar Bay Beach Club have great food. Escargot etc. and it is fabulous.

• 2 weeks later...

flyerschik, my husband and I also plan to spend the morning in Marigot. In my research these are the places I've come up with we may try; Zee Best (for crossiants), Bamboo Cafe, Mango-Mango and La Petite Auberge des Lles. If you go to Grand Case try either La California or the Loo Loos (road side grills). How are you planning to get to Marigot? Taxi or local bus? The market is also that day and I hope to find some interesting spices and bottle sauces.

flyerschik, my husband and I also plan to spend the morning in Marigot. In my research these are the places I've come up with we may try; Zee Best (for crossiants), Bamboo Cafe, Mango-Mango and La Petite Auberge des Lles. If you go to Grand Case try either La California or the Loo Loos (road side grills). How are you planning to get to Marigot? Taxi or local bus? The market is also that day and I hope to find some interesting spices and bottle sauces.

We plan on taking a taxi. It may not be the cheapest but I figure it'll be the easiest for us. I didn't even think about crossiants (yummy!)...thanks for the suggestion!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived