How often does it happen?

leadnur

This happens very seldom. There are those lucky people who have had it happen on mutliple cruises, but this is an exception. In general you aren't really notified until you arrive at the pier. That's not to say it can't happen before then, it's just that RCI doesn't always notify you before then. If you have a good TA they will pay attention and notify you or you can keep checking your reservation online. But, once again, don't count on getting an upgrade.

Last Feb. we went on the Splendour, booked directly with RCI. Paid for, and confirmed a cat. F oceanview, and all paperwork said the same. When I printed out our setsail pas the week before, it listed a D1 balcony. When I called I was told that there were suites open so they moved C&A members up from D1's. They then moved C&A cat. F's up to the D1.

It has never happened to me, but from what I have read it seems to happen more to those who book guarantees rather than a specific room. I actually have "do not upgrade" orders on my reservation because I got the exact room I wanted and don't want to take a chance on being moved.

Sue

How often do people get upgraded to better cabins? We booked 2/07 Oceanview room and wondered how often this happens.....how are you notified and when?

:confused:

we were upgraded but that becouse we checked the cruise sight for sale and found out the a better room was being offer for the same price and we called so they gave us the better room for the same price we paid for the inside room you have to keep a look out for it

donna;)

I think a lot of it depends on how the sailing has sold. We've been upgraded twice out of 10 cruises, never on RCI (X3 cruises).

Our first cruise, we were upgraded from an inside to OV, plus a 25% discount as the cruise was delayed in the building process and we had to rebook. It turned out to be a very good deal.

The second cruise, the cruise line messed up our reservation and not only upgraded us to a much larger cabin (although it was inside - inside) we got a huge on board credit - $400 , plus the $100 per person the TA gave us. Our kids cruised free that cruise, overall we could not have gotten a better deal.

Cruises 3 - 10 we have gotten exactly what we paid for! Too bad the trend didn't stay with us :) .

Archived