Ft. Lauderdale Hotel that has a shuttle to the cruiseport and parking

momofmeg

and also came up with LaQuinta in Hollywood as the best option pricewise. They allow up to 14 days parking, which accomodates the longer cruises. Continental breakfast and shuttle TO port (not FROM port due to port restrictions according to the website I read) are included. Our cruise leaves on Nov 30, so a Nov 29 stay and the rate quoted for hotel & parking was $139. It sounds pretty good to me, but not knowing FLL - I was wondering if the location was a good one. Thanks for the help, Bequia!

On parksleepfly.com, there are 3 choices:

1-LaQuinta as described above

2-Hampton Inn Airport North - up to 10 days parking, deluxe bkfst, shuttle to port

3-Hilton Garden Inn FLL/Hollywood airport - up to 14 days parking, no bkfst mentioned, shuttle to port

Of the three, I could go with LaQuinta or Hilton Garden Inn for the longer parking days - which would you think would be a better choice, Bequia? Is either close to the water taxi?

Sorry for another post, I guess my Edit time was out as the Edit button wouldn't work -

I wanted to ammend the info I printed about LaQuinta shuttle to port -- their website said on Friday & Saturday. That seems a bit odd, especially since an equal number of 7 day cruises leave on Sundays. My cruise leaves on Thursday, so I guess it's a taxi for us. They do have shuttle to the airport everyday, but don't think going to the airport to catch a taxi to the cruiseport makes much sense.

Of the three, I could go with LaQuinta or Hilton Garden Inn for the longer parking days - which would you think would be a better choice, Bequia? Is either close to the water taxi?

I'm partial to the LaQuinta primarily due to so many on these boards that have stayed and reported back that they loved the hotel. I've met friends that have stayed there pre-cruise and thought it was a nice, clean property. I like being able to walk to the Ale House, Dave and Busters or the diner. It's a safe location, no need to worry about your car while your away.

Hey... what about getting from the cruise ship to the hotel AFTER the cruise... do you have to take a taxi now? What's the prices?

Meg

Yes Meg, you'll have to take a taxi back to the hotel. Should run less then $18 for the ride.:rolleyes: ........

I'm partial to the LaQuinta primarily due to so many on these boards that have stayed and reported back that they loved the hotel. I've met friends that have stayed there pre-cruise and thought it was a nice, clean property. I like being able to walk to the Ale House, Dave and Busters or the diner. It's a safe location, no need to worry about your car while your away.

I just booked this yesterday. Tell me.... which is a more "fun/laid-back" place to eat.....Ale House or Dave and Busters?

GLORIA- After taxes and $5 charge, grand total came to:

Billing Details

$139.95 Room Charge w/Parking

$15.39 Taxes*

$4.99 PSF Transaction fee

$160.33 Including Taxes and Fees

I just booked this yesterday. Tell me.... which is a more "fun/laid-back" place to eat.....Ale House or Dave and Busters?

They're both fun, it depends on you. Here's a link to both restaurants web sites that may help you decide:

Ale House

http://www.alehouseinc.com/index.htm

Dave and Busters

http://www.daveandbusters.com/?f=1

I have been trying to get onto the stay123.com reservation page for a couple of days - I get the window saying I am going to an encrypted page, then nothing. I wanted to check LaQuinta for Nov 29, 2006 + 12 days parking (taking car away on 12/10) as well as Comfort Inn and am having no luck. Does the Comfort Inn offer cruise parking?

Any suggestions from you computer knowledgeable people?

DH suggested trying Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla Firefox, and I was able to gain access to stay123.com.

I reserved a LaQuinta king room with parking Nov 29 - Dec 10, 2006 for $129.95 + taxes ~ that is $10 less than the same hotel/dates on parksleepfly.com.

No-No: we have never been to a Dave and Busters but we eat at Alehouse a lot and we have eaten at the one in Hollywood. (they are pretty much all the same) It is a sports bar. Has booths , hightops and bar area. Has lots of beer selections on tap, good burgers, chicken sandwiches, fish sandwiches. ( And good onion rings if you are a fan) there a lots of TV's around tuned into whatever sports happens to be on. There are only a couple of pool tables and a few video games - We tend to go there to eat and not to hang out on a Saturday night so I don't know how much use the games get. But when we sail out of Fort Lauderdale that is where we eat (even though we are fairly close -3 hrs- to FLL we always drive down the night before).

No-No: we have never been to a Dave and Busters but we eat at Alehouse a lot and we have eaten at the one in Hollywood. (they are pretty much all the same) It is a sports bar. Has booths , hightops and bar area. Has lots of beer selections on tap, good burgers, chicken sandwiches, fish sandwiches. ( And good onion rings if you are a fan) there a lots of TV's around tuned into whatever sports happens to be on. There are only a couple of pool tables and a few video games - We tend to go there to eat and not to hang out on a Saturday night so I don't know how much use the games get. But when we sail out of Fort Lauderdale that is where we eat (even though we are fairly close -3 hrs- to FLL we always drive down the night before).

Thanks, Orlando!

Sounds like just what I'm looking for.

We were originally booked for the Amerisuites, and had a nice restaurant picked out. (Shall be our 18th wedding anniversary).

Changed reservations to the La Quinta this week, and figured, "Heck...who cares about the anniversary dinner....we're going cruising!".

A sloppy bacon-cheeseburger sounds like paradise! ;)

I thought my reservation was taken care of, but have yet to receive confirmation. The email part of my computer has been acting up, so I guess I'd better call LaQuinta to see if I'm registered. Then I'll know whether to try again with the reservations.

Any suggestions? Did it all work out smoothly for everyone else?

Archived