Q Level Rooms

OceanLiner

I would sure like to hear from anyone who has recently sailed with a Q5-Q7 level room. The current Cunard web site has some interesting notes about the Queens level that almost seems to set Q5-Q7 level rooms in a slightly seperate class between Q1-Q4 and Princess Grill. Most notably is that Q5-Q7 rooms do not have a DVD player, and these rooms do not have priority disembarkation and tendering as do Q1-Q4. There is also a real oddity in that the rooms all have X-boxes, but only the Q1-Q4 has the DVD player. Any comments on in room entertainment and tendering would be great.

Did a Crossing in a Q5 suite (not room). Tendering therefore was not an issue. And there is plenty to do on the ship (even on a Crossing) that I never used the in-suite toys you mention.

The added advantage of ALL Q and P level accomodations is that you get access to the Concierge and Concierge Lounge. They tend to be able to work out details for you instead of standing in the Purser or shore excursions line. While priority tendering may be helpful . getting on the sold-out tours or more 'elite' private tours offered through the Concierge is a definate plus?

Why put an X box in a room?

Especially at the expense of a DVD recorder?

On the tendering questions, I'd be interested to hear. Of course it is only Signal and Sun decks (plus QS grade?) on QE2 rather than the more common Q3/4 grades.

I suppose the parity makes sense.....

On the tendering questions, I'd be interested to hear. Of course it is only Signal and Sun decks (plus QS grade?) on QE2 rather than the more common Q3/4 grades.

I suppose the parity makes sense.....

My sentiments exactly on the X-Box vs DVD player. I just do not understand the downgrade of the DVD player and the tendering issue.

Actually the X-box, in addiition to serving as a gaming platform is also a DVD player. My wife and I have watched DVD's on the X-box in our suite on more than one occasion. With this being the case Cunard should actually be applauded for placing this device and NOT a DVD player in the room. By so doing they allow us to watch DVD's while the Kids also have something to do.

Actually the X-box, in addiition to serving as a gaming platform is also a DVD player. My wife and I have watched DVD's on the X-box in our suite on more than one occasion. With this being the case Cunard should actually be applauded for placing this device and NOT a DVD player in the room. By so doing they allow us to watch DVD's while the Kids also have something to do.

This is why this board is so great. I never have played an X-box and I had no idea that it could do anything but play games.

Thank you very much, now could you solve the tender issue?

Why would you want either? Aren't there better things to do than sit in the cabin playing video games? Can't you watch DVDs at home?:confused:

Why would you want either? Aren't there better things to do than sit in the cabin playing video games? Can't you watch DVDs at home?:confused:

Excellent comment. We do not have any type of video game in our home and somehow our children have managed to reach the ages of 8 and 10 without any kind of malady. They have managed to get through life with odd ball things like crafts, books, and their own imagination. The X-box game feature will not be used on our cruise M811, but the DVD feature will be used. We have family movie nights and we have found that this is a great way to wind the kids down after a busy day on a cruise. They get to watch Peter Sellers movies, documentaries, David Lean films, etc....makes for a great cruise with the family.

Archived