El Morro or San Cristobal?

MelissaForrest

We really like San Cristobal, but if you only have time for one, I'd do El Morro. Make sure that you get some good shots as you sail into the harbor, and then add photos from your on-site visit and you'll have a great album.

Plus, you can always visit San Cristobal on your NEXT cruise. :)

gary

The first time we were there we didn't know that there were 2 forts and we went to San Cristobal. I was so disappointed to find out that it wasn't the one in all of the ads for San Juan! It was a nice fort, but El Morro is THE one to go see.

I'm not really a "fort" kinda girl but dh loves em'.

That said I really enjoyed spending one whole morning of our 3 day precruise stay at El Morro. It is really amazing how large it is and the views go on forever......

We never did get to San Cristobal even though we had a 2 for 1 ticket. Oh well. Like the previous poster said - we will save it for our next visit to San Juan.

We were in Old San Juan for 3 days/2 nights precruise and only ever saw the trolley once..... and we were walking faster than it was going :D

Take a taxi up to El Morro and walk back....... makes for a nice afternoon or few hours.

Here is a picture that I found on webshots that looks like it was taken at the beginning of the path up to the fort. Although there is a car up at the fort, there are usually no cars allowed on this path. The taxis drop you off at the beginning of the path. 106381582YoHLHi_ph.jpg

If you visit one fort its $3 p/p but if you go to both and tell them that you are going to both , it will be $5 for both.

Concerning the trolley, sometimes it just looks like a big green bus.

No charge.

But if you are going from one port to the other , walk, its faster

Better yet go to your local bookstore and buy Frommers "Caribbean Ports of Call"

It has soooo much information on all the ports of the Caribbean. But in the San Juan section there is a detailed walking tour (tells you where to start, turn right, walk 2 blocks etc etc.)

the bakery is La Bombonera and is a "DO NOT MISS" !!!:D

I have now used this book to help me plan my third cruise so I feel it was $14.95 very very well spent !!!!!

Archived