Taking liquids onboard cruiseships

joie1016

Are we allowed to take liquids onboard? Can I take my toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner. I dont like the poo and conditioner in the cabins.Might anyone have info on this?:confused:

I wouldn't like the poo in my cabin, either! Sorry, couldn't resist :D

BaumD: The picture (black lab) on your post is so, so cute....I want it. How do I insert one on mine?

I have a black lab that cruises with us, she's my service dog and I would love to put her picture next to my name.

Actually, she looks just like yours!

He is my baby (almost 8 years old). I'd love to take him with me on a cruise. He'd love to spend the days in the pool! Unfortunately he gets to go to doggie camp while I'm cruising.

Go to "User CP" at the top of the page and click on "edit AVATAR". The picture has to be either 80x80 pixels or less than 19 kb, which means you have to resize the photo using whatever digital photo program is on your computer to a very small size.

joie1016 asked about taking liquids on board...We always take Dr. Pepper for my husband and I have to have caffeine free diet Pepsi. We take about 12 cans or plastic bottles in all. I pack each one individually in a zip loc bag, then pack 2 or 3 of those in a larger zip loc bag. I layer them between clothes so they are very well padded and won't get bumped hard and bust. I've flown several times doing this also and have never had a problem at all.

We always take several bottles of water too. When our bottles are empty, we just refill them from the bathroom tap. Our experience has been than ship water is very good.

You can buy their bottled water and canned sodas, but they are extremely expensive...and most don't offer Dr. Pepper. If my husband can't have his DP, he might as well stay home!!!!

This is how we do it and it works great for us!!

Happy cruising friends!!!

I think I've found the cure for bringing bottled water on board....I know that the ships water is good (I'm just not that sure how good) so, we've been lugging cases of water to be delivered to our cabin, urggggg! :o :(

I bought a Brita Fill & Go Sport Water Bottle with filters. It's just like carrying any sports bottle and it filters the water straight from nuclear the tap. It will save my DH's back and just think in case of a terrorist attack or earth quake, we're all set! :rolleyes:

I purchased it from Ebay. I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Archived