Is it bad manners?

How in the world did RCI know you were a mixed-race couple to seat you with another mixed-race couple?

They wouldn't know for sure we were mixed race, but a close guess. TA passed on passport and citizenship information. DH is Japanese, I'm Canadian. Ditto the other couple. TA said they *do* have a go at grouping people. Obviously with that many people they can't do much, but they do try.

Fran in Toronto

I have noticed when traveling as a couple, we are always seated with other couples. When traveling with the kids, if we are seated with others, it's always people with kids too. I'm sure RC doesn't always hit the mark, but IME they've done a pretty good job.

They wouldn't know for sure we were mixed race, but a close guess. TA passed on passport and citizenship information. DH is Japanese, I'm Canadian. Ditto the other couple. TA said they *do* have a go at grouping people. Obviously with that many people they can't do much, but they do try.

Fran in Toronto

I thought originally maybe they would look at your last names....Japanese names and Canadian would most likely be different. However, if you are married and you assumed his name (assumption here...) then that wouldn't make any sense! :rolleyes: Who knows how they do it :confused:

OP: I applaud your desire to make the dining experience pleasant for everyone! So many parents of young children don't seem to have a clue when it's time to leave say, a restaurant, movie, school play....due to their children's behavior. You are concerned about needing to rush thorough the meal. Maybe the best solution is to attempt to get a table for 6. After dropping your luggage in your cabin, locate the dining room. Someone there will be able to tell you where your table is and how many will be seated there. If you're not at a table for 6, ask to be moved to one. You alleviate the problems of your little one distracting the other diners and also won't have the concern of eating 'ahead' of everybody else.

Archived