Board Posting Times Don't Match

jhannah

Has anyone else noticed the discrepancy in posting times? I just went to a last post of a thread where the main menu said the last post was today at 12:30 a.m. When that last post opened, the date on it was two days ago at 8:57 a.m. Others are that way, too.

I'm set for the proper time zone, and my internal PC clock is correct.

????

Is it only on the occasional post, or on many?

And does the number of replies that you can see in the thread match the number of replies which the index board (the forum listing) suggests?

I haven't had the following happen yet to me on the new boards. However, on the old boards I have had posts which have gone into a moderation queue because a filter has detected a dodgy word. What happened then was that the time of my post was recorded as the time of the last post to the thread, and the number of posts was updated. However, the "last poster" listed was still the person who posted before me, and of course when I read the thread my new post didn't show. When the post was cleared by the moderators, it then appeared and everything was back to being in order.

I don't know whether this new board has a similar function, but the behaviour you're describing (and which one or two other people have mentioned) seems to be exactly the same as that.

I have my clock set on the correct time, too (Pacific Time) but the posts say that it is an hour earlier than my time actually is!! Do you think that they have it set on DST? But, that doesn't distract me from posting. I just remember to add an hour to the time that is posted.

Marilyn

Barbara, up on the left is User CP (control panel.) Click on that, then select "Edit Options." Scroll down and you'll see a place to set your time zone, or however you want to see the board posting times displayed on your computer.

Jim, On the posts that you are noticing this is happening are they the one's with polls? I have noticed if someone votes but does not comment it puts a new time in as if the last poster just posted. It also refreshs and brings it to the top. You may think it is a new posted comment where in fact it could me days old.

I have my clock set on the correct time, too (Pacific Time) but the posts say that it is an hour earlier than my time actually is!! Do you think that they have it set on DST? But, that doesn't distract me from posting. I just remember to add an hour to the time that is posted.
If you go back to the place where you set your time zone (User CP -> Edit Options, then the Date and Time section), there is also an option for choosing whether to make daylight saving time adjustments automatically. It sounds like you are on daylight saving time at the moment, but that option is set to "no".

Archived