High Resolution Photos Of The Queen Mary 2

Terrence Richards

However....my B4 balcony is not too appealing. How can they call this a balcony? It is an oceanview, it must get very hot in there?

It is a closet with a window. Is the "window" open? Or is it plexiglass?

Katie

I am glad that everyone is enjoying the photos. The only area of the QM2 that was not photographed is the Kings Court. That is the area of the ship that most future passengers want to know about before their cruise.

My favorite area of the QM2 is the Winter Garden with the hand painted ceiling and the sounds of the water fall and chirping of birds. It is a nice place to relax after dinner and listen to the piano music and songs.

About the B4 cabin catergory Premium Balcony, now labled by Cunard as a "sheltered balcony", my wife and I have been in the cabin on Deck Four for our last two cruises in 2004 and 2005 for tweleve days for each cruise. The "sheltered balcony" is larger than it looks in the photo. I think it is even deeper than the balconies up in the super structure of the ship. The opening is quite large and airy as the ship moves. Of course, if you are in a warm climate and the ship is not moving, all outdoor balconies will be warm.

Those cabins have a heavy glass door that opens out into the balcony and a large floor to ceiling glass window on the rest of the outer wall. At night, heavy drapes keep away the outside noise of the passing sea (which some of us enjoy to hear).

Our next cruise on the Queen Mary 2 is on October 12-24, for the twelve day New England/Canada cruise. Guess what, we are booked in the exact same cabin on Four Deck near the C stairwell/elevators as we were in on the two previous cruises. This cruise will be number twelve with Cunard, seven of which were on the Queen Elizabeth 2 and two on the Vistafjord/Caronia.

Bon Voyage To All

Terrence

However....my B4 balcony is not too appealing. How can they call this a balcony? It is an oceanview, it must get very hot in there?

It is a closet with a window. Is the "window" open? Or is it plexiglass?

Katie

Katie,

I'l let you know next week! I will be in one in TWO DAYS! (well, less actually, 1 day and a wake-up!)

BTW, I heard from an old friend in NSB this past weekend that I had not heard from in 25-30 years. Then yesterday I got an email from another NSB ex-pat. <sigh> He was the love of my life in Junior High! <G> Okay, well, Some of Senior High too.

Oh yeah- and the first one? Was a New Smyrna Beach Firefighter! Retired from there abot 8 1/2 years ago after 25 years. Now works as IT at one of the flight schools in Daytona.

I'll let you know about that "Hull Hole" Balcony (AKA "sheltered" Balcony.) BTW, the opening is wide open. It just doesn't have glass down below. The steel of the ship's side instead. And it is bigger than a regular "premium" glass balcony. Becasue it is in the hull of the ship, and not the "superstructure" (the part built on top of the hull, which is "indented" from the hull,) it is larger. It you lean out, you are looking at water. If you lean out of a premium glass balcony, you look out over the promenade decks and the lifeboats. So when (as someone here said previously) dolphins are swimming alongside of the ship I will be able to see them! You will not! <G> Of course, being from New Smyrna, you are probably blase about that, having seen them so often it is boring, right? <G>

Karie,

Who is starting to get excited! (Starting my FOOT! Been excited for months! But now I am starting to really FEEL it!)

Yes Karie...dolphins....snooze. I was catering a function this past weekend on the river (where Feger's used to be..) and the darn things were actually begging at the dock for bait fish....sorry Flipper all I had were crabcakes:)

I looked at the pix again...I'm sure the room will be lovely. I didn't realize how much steel there was is all....

enjoy your voyage can't wait to here about it!!!

Katie

I loved the warm lighting captured in the photo of the Chart Room, although in reality the room is usually filled with sunlight, or after sunset, has much less lighting than shown. While looking at the image, I could hear the jazz band playing pre-dinner music in my head. At the far right of that photograph, at the bar, was where a small group of Cruise Critic members met up during the April transatlantic. I recommend it for future CC'ers meeting up with each other.

Did anyone happen to notice that all of the bar stools are missing in the images of the Chart Room and Commodore Club?

Paul

Archived