Food Quality Freedom of the Seas

Patgo

I have been reading how awful the food is on Freedom. We were last on Navigator and the food was fantastic.

Just looking for some honest reactions to the food in the dining room and Windjammer.

Have heard that the specialty restaurants are great.

We are cruising November 12th and I can not wait.

Thanks

I was on Freedom the week of 8/13 .. There was nothing awful about the food in the dining room or Windjammer. I was on Navigator last year as well and found the food to be basically the same. The choices in the Windjammer are basically the same everyday for breakfast and lunch. They change a few things each day .. but basically the same ...

The dining room food was good. I am an adventurous eater so I had no problem in the dining room for Dinner. My wife is not and had a harder time. Some of the spices/sauces on some of the dishes did not appeal to her. The waiter was able to bring the dinners with the sauce on the side or even one night they had Tilapia ... she got it just plain broiled for my wife.

If you liked the food on Navigator and found it satisfactory ... you will have no problem on Freedom...

Enjoy your cruise the ship is fantastic.

The food in the dining room and windjammer were satisfactory. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. We didn't expect it to be given the scale on which they must prepare it. As our waiter told us, they can't be generous with seasoning, for example, because they have to please everyone's palate.

With that said, the food in Portofino and Chops was phenomenal. We were blown away by our meal in Portofino (every course was divine) and our filet mignon in Chops was superb. I would highly recommend eating at both specialty restaurants.

Thanks for your input.

We are not fussy eaters so I think we will be fine.

We ate in Portofino's on the NOS and it was wonderful. We are planning on doint that again. Maybe Chops also.

I can not wait to go

I was pleased with the food on FOS. I know there have been some complaints but we always found something on the menu we liked in the dining room and if not they were quick to change it once it arrived at the table. The food in the windjammer IMO was also satisfactory. I think you will find it similar to NOS. I found it similar to AOS or even slightly better or maybe we were just having such a good time that everything was good.

I would not worry about the comments posted about food on a cruise ship. Each one of us has our own taste buds and is very subjective. I have never gone hungry on a cruise and have always been able to find something to satisfy me. Some folks expect five star dining on a mass market line. Not going to happen. Keep expectations in check and you will be fine.:)

We have been on 3 other Royal Caribbean Cruises, Navigator, Mariner and the Jewel before heading to the Freedom this Weekend. We are not fussy eaters and have always enjoyed the meals on all the ships, basically it has been the same quality on all, with maybe a slight better quality on the Jewel, but all in all we feel the meals are wonderful, 1). we dont have to shop for the food, 2). we dont have to cook, 3). we dont have to clean up afterwards...

Dont sweat it. Overall, the food on Freedom was good. A few things

might be off but nothing major. Like that on every ship

I have been on. They have a tough job

cooking for 4,000 people so not everything will be exact.

I never left either the Windjammer or dining room hungry.

If you dont care for what you get, just send it back. Try

something else. Always an option.

Funny Story: I was sampling some of DW's plate. (we still do

that after 37 years). Anyways, the waiter (Monika) caught it and came

running over concerned that I didnt have enough off my own.

Ran and got me another plate of DW's order. Boy, was my face red..LOL.

Archived