Veendam A-Deck E-Category

mozart1999

Hello Cruisers :

For You, Veendam experts. ¿ How good are the category E cabins on deck A ? ¿ Is the window good enough ?, ¿ Do You only see water from the room ? or ¿ You are high enough to see over the port´s pier ?.

I´m looking to the Veendam´s Baltic cruise during next summer, so, ¿ Is that important to have a higher deck cabin with balcony ? or ¿ I better use my money for the tours ?

One of the cruisers on my group has some mobility problems, she needs a low step shower and can´t use a bathtub, ¿ How are the showers in the category-E, deck-A cabins ?

Thank You.

Was on the Veendam in April in a category E - A deck cabin.

Window was great - large enough to see well - above the water line and pier - good view everywhere.

Bathtub/shower - very high to climb into the tub - not good for mobility impaired. My husband has mobility problems and has to be very careful getting in and out. You could phone HAL and ask about rooms with shower only.

A deck is excellent in rough weather - you don't feel the motion of the ship nearly as much - unless you take a cabin up front. We always take one in midship or even further back.

Since it is a Baltic cruise during summer a balcony would be a definite asset. If your cruise is port intensive you may not spend much time in your cabin so you have to decide if it is worth the extra cost. I imagine having room service breakfast on your own balcony must be nice.

For us, we could only cruise once a year with balcony but cruise twice a year without.

Oh yes, we took a room right in the middle of the ship and it was a long walk to either set of elevators - ok if you want the exercise but would be hard for anyone with mobility problems.

I'm not aware that any outside cabins on the S- or R-class ships have shower only, with the exception of handicapped. All the tubs are very high---difficult to enter and worse to exit. (the bottom of the tub is higher than the floor.)

All inside cabins have a shower only. It's large and easy to enter/exit.

Juanita462 and RuthC :

Thank You.

I will book rooms DA561 and D563 (modified accessible, shower only with small step, step into bathroom), one deck higher (main deck) for my group.

I notice now that all outside cabins are bathtub only, except the ones modified and my TA tell me that those 2 cabins are free now.

The baltics cruise is port intensive, so I will have some money for the tours and enjoy the window.

We did the Baltic back in 1999 and it was a very port intensive cruise. We had a D cabin and looking back, even though we only book verandahs now, we wouldn't have used it enough to warrant the extra money.

When we needed to see the lovely scenery, particularly cruising out of Stockholm we went up to the Promenade deck and enjoyed the views from there.

I think you have made a wise choice with your cabin as the money saved will be handy for tours as there is a lot to see in St. Petersburg and also if you happen to have Berlin on your itinerary as well.

Jennie

Archived