Upgrades requests on Princess

Angela4cruiser

This has been the best kept secret, I have ever seen. I would think by now there would have been an ex-employee that knows how upgrades are determined and shared it. I think the cruiselines are aware they have a mystry going and work hard to keep the whole process under wraps.

Carol

Maybe it's that old crystal ball thing? They pull it out after final payment for each cruise, wave their hands over the top and it pulls up names of those that deserve an upgrade. ROFL

I do know that it used to be that it didn't matter how many times you have sailed with Princess, you might still get an upgrade. But if you took a poll asking how many Gold, Patinum or Elite members have received an upgrade lately, my guess (again) would be that less Platinum and Elite members are receiving them and more first time passengers are. So, maybe to keep us guessing, they change the rules every few years so that nobody can let the cat out of the bag? LOL

I do know that it used to be that it didn't matter how many times you have sailed with Princess, you might still get an upgrade. But if you took a poll asking how many Gold, Patinum or Elite members have received an upgrade lately, my guess (again) would be that less Platinum and Elite members are receiving them and more first time passengers are. So, maybe to keep us guessing, they change the rules every few years so that nobody can let the cat out of the bag? LOL

absolutely right.....our only "true" upgrade (inside to unobstructed ocean view) was on our first Princess cruise.

Archived