Tipping for upgrades

Spinner101

Double for you would be $1698...so I don't understand, unless your AAI group is charging you a LOT for the special cruise....like well over $1,000 more than your cabin actually

It does sound high, but the group probabaly has to build in the cost for the musicians and their free cabins as well as possibly being charged for private use of the venues.

Spin, I've got to give it to you, your attitude is awesome, as well as your ability to take a joke and throw some out yourself. Hosed or not, you seem like the type of person I think a lot of us wouldn't mind cruising with:)

Most definitely - instead of getting defensive, great attitude!

It does sound high, but the group probabaly has to build in the cost for the musicians and their free cabins as well as possibly being charged for private use of the venues.

Hey Pal Joey. Yes, that's what I was trying to say, just came out wrong.;) In his first post, Spinner sounded as if he thought CARNIVAL was hosing him. I was trying to say it's the other things the group is charging for that is causing his cruise to be so high, not his actual cabin rate. (Sometimes it's really hard for things to make sense on these boards.)

Thanks for everyone's input. My reason for going to this cruise was I really wanted to cruise, I am a single guy and although I am not trolling around looking to score(although that wouldn't be bad...kidding) I figured if there wernt that many singles on board I would still have the love of the music. I just have this feeling that it might be mostly couples, families or twenty something partyers on board so in that case I have the jazz.

Thanks for everyone's input. My reason for going to this cruise was I really wanted to cruise, I am a single guy and although I am not trolling around looking to score(although that wouldn't be bad...kidding) I figured if there wernt that many singles on board I would still have the love of the music. I just have this feeling that it might be mostly couples, families or twenty something partyers on board so in that case I have the jazz.

Spinner, join one of the Saints and Sinners cruises :D We always have plenty of singles, couples, etc. Then you can meet everyone online, get to know people, and instantly have friends before you cruise :D And it's much less!! LOL!!

And your point is?

My point is I have tried to upgrade and "not do the 20 dollar trick" but they cant upgrade me, not Carnival the theme cruise organizer.

Its funny how many took offense to my term tip for upgrade. Yes I know this isn't Vegas and I am a first time cruiser and I was just checking options on how to upgrade, sorry it rubbed some people the wrong way. Not sure why it would though!

PS I was going to the 25 dollar trick not 20 when I go, I go all the way!

Spinner, join one of the Saints and Sinners cruises :D We always have plenty of singles, couples, etc. Then you can meet everyone online, get to know people, and instantly have friends before you cruise :D And it's much less!! LOL!!

Take her advice Spin. Dump the jazz (s)cruise!

Disclaimer: I'd be joining them, but I think my wife would frown upon me leaving her at home to cruise the 'Caribb with a boat load of single and near nekkid (or so I thought I heard) hotties in the group:D

Archived