Stay in FL or Miami?

emen822

Hi. We are planning to fly into Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise leaves (from Miami). We would like to find a hotel that would have a nice pool, restaurants nearby so that we wouldn't have to rent a car (or would it be worth it?), and possibly have a shuttle from the airport or to the pier the day of the cruise. Am I asking too much? ;)

Should we stay in FL and make our way down to Miami the morning of the cruise? Or stay overnight in Miami.

Thanks in advance. :)

As far as how much I would spend, I would think somewhere around $200 or so. I'm going during spring break so I know the prices will be higher. We originally were going to fly in the late the night before the cruise but now since we will have a full day, I would like to be in a nice place that is near the pier.

Your best bet is the Intercontinental if you want a nice hotel. I suggest going to priceline and bidding for this hotel. I keep hearing time and time again that people will place bids for $80/night and bid on a 4star hotel and get the Intercontinental. Bayside Marketplace is close by with restaurants like: Los Ranchos, Bubba Gump Shrimp, Hooters, etc...you can check out the website at:

www.baysidemarketplace.com

There is also Bongo's Cuban Cafe next to Bayside as well as the Brickell area which has a nice selection of resturants such as The Capital Grille, Novecento's, Archie's Pizza, Gordon Biersh, Blue @ The Mandarin.

BTW - Brickell is known as the Financial District and its about 5 minutes away...most people don't even realize how close this area is to the port and miss out on some good places to eat or get a drink. I live in Brickell and absolutely love it. Pretty soon the Mary Brickell Village will be open with TONS more restaurant, shops and even a gourmet Publix (Grocery store) Wine bars, Jazz bars, etc...

I sound like I'm some kind of Brickell promotor :D I can't help it...I live here and I love it!

Archived