Don't talk to me until I've had my COFFEE!!!

Not an important topic UNLESS you're a big morning coffee drinker like me!

1. QUALITY/CONDIMENTS: I've heard conflicting reports (OK, mostly bad) about the coffee on board. We will be on the Inspiration July 20, and I don't believe it has a "Specialty Coffee shop", or does it? Is the free, normal coffee really that bad? Do they have the flavored creamers, or is it plain cream, or (ugh) powdered creamer in packets? Do they have Equal or should I take my own?

2. LOCATION: Where and when is coffee first available in the morning? DH (who only drinks decaf) is an early riser.

3. CUPS: What kind of cups is coffee served in? I need more than 4 ounces. Should I bring a large travel mug?

4. WHERE TO DRINK COFFEE: Where's the best place to relax in the morning with a nice cup of coffee. We don't have a balcony on the Inspiration, or I would know the answer to this!

Thanks!

p.s. what time of day do they begin serving foo-foo drinks on deck??!?!?! I won't need coffee after that!

Hi. Contrary to some other posters, I don't think the coffee's bad anywhere on the ship, although I think it's better in the dining room.

The minute I wake up, I'm on the phone to room service! Within 5 minutes (never more than 10), the attendant's at the door with a fresh carafe of hot coffee! Wonderful! Room service is available 24 hours.

I've also (once) gone straight up on deck at 6AM or earlier? to watch the sunrise and have my first cup from the coffee urns on Lido. Sorry, but I don't use sugar/cream, so can't help you there.

The cups are about 6-8 oz. mugs, but I've seen lots of folks with their thermal cups.

I too found the coffee in the dining room to be excellant. Maybe its that good since it compliments the meal. You can get a pot of coffee delivered from room serivce 24 hours a day. Just make sure you order all the milks/creamers/or sugars you will need.

Not an important topic UNLESS you're a big morning coffee drinker like me!

1. QUALITY/CONDIMENTS: I've heard conflicting reports (OK, mostly bad) about the coffee on board. We will be on the Inspiration July 20, and I don't believe it has a "Specialty Coffee shop", or does it? Is the free, normal coffee really that bad? Do they have the flavored creamers, or is it plain cream, or (ugh) powdered creamer in packets? Do they have Equal or should I take my own?

2. LOCATION: Where and when is coffee first available in the morning? DH (who only drinks decaf) is an early riser.

3. CUPS: What kind of cups is coffee served in? I need more than 4 ounces. Should I bring a large travel mug?

4. WHERE TO DRINK COFFEE: Where's the best place to relax in the morning with a nice cup of coffee. We don't have a balcony on the Inspiration, or I would know the answer to this!

Thanks!

p.s. what time of day do they begin serving foo-foo drinks on deck??!?!?! I won't need coffee after that!

Dang, Mel...

You're making my head spin...

What was the question???

(sounds like you've had your quota today)

ROFLMAO!!!

1. I bring my own mug.
  2. I think the coffee is good I guess, by the time I finally taste it it's time to change the coffee to something a little stronger up on the Lido deck.
  3. I read the morning paper and catch up on the news.
  4. I swim behind the ship for about 20 minutes for excercise.
  5. Have some more coffee and then I wake up!;)

Not sure how the coffee is on CCL. but on NCL I went on one cruise with good coffee and 1 cruise with lousy coffee. I always order coffee from room service as soon as I wake up. Just to make sure that I get enough ( I am a very heavy coffee drinker) I tell them to bring me 2 orders of it.

Not sure how the coffee is on CCL. but on NCL I went on one cruise with good coffee and 1 cruise with lousy coffee. I always order coffee from room service as soon as I wake up. Just to make sure that I get enough ( I am a very heavy coffee drinker) I tell them to bring me 2 orders of it.

Well to be 'quite' honest...

"ANYTHING" someone will bring me in bed is just F.I.N.E. with me (heh-heh)

My fix (I buy my coffee in Germany) is that I bring a funnel type thing (no Idea what the name is) with cone paper coffee filters. I bring my own coffee, and order tea for two, plus coffee for DH in the morning. I use the hot water for the tea and pour it into the funnel over a cup. Does't take up much room, and no fire hazard :p.

Stefanie

My fix (I buy my coffee in Germany) is that I bring a funnel type thing (no Idea what the name is) with cone paper coffee filters. I bring my own coffee, and order tea for two, plus coffee for DH in the morning. I use the hot water for the tea and pour it into the funnel over a cup. Does't take up much room, and no fire hazard :p.

Stefanie

It's the simple things in life..........mmmm.......such as.......FUNNELS....

that makes it ALL WORTH WHILE...

and 'speaking' of...

1. I bring my own mug.
  2. I think the coffee is good I guess, by the time I finally taste it it's time to change the coffee to something a little stronger up on the Lido deck.
  3. I read the morning paper and catch up on the news.
  4. I swim behind the ship for about 20 minutes for excercise.
  5. Have some more coffee and then I wake up!;)

#4. I swim behind the ship for about 20 minutes for exercise. Is this the man over board drill? I have had my 2 mugs of coffee already and this still doesn't look right. Am I missing something?:cool:

Just back yesterday off the Inspiration. We had a great time! I am a big coffee drinker and did not care for the coffee. I drink it black and found myself down to about 2 cup in the AM and a cup in the PM with dinner at the end. To me the coffee had a chickory taste kinda like postum that I tried once when trying to come off coffee. There was no flavored creamer. They had milk and coffee creamer and all types of sweetners including equal. A covered mug is a good idea when out on deck. Also room service is great. You can call for coffee when you get up or leave an order form outside your door with the time you would like it delivered and that can be your wake up call. Also coffee is available 24hrs/day on the lido deck and inside the brassier with the other free drinks, ice cream, and pizza. Have a great time and take the flavored creamer with you if it is important.

Hmmm. Not suppose to have small appliances such a coffeemakers in your cabin, y'know.:)

Would that include my iron Cotton? ;).

I'm a coffee hound and unless it's Starbucks or German coffee none of it's good.

Best to take along a spill proof mug, as it holds more coffee than conventional cruise cups and it won't blow out of your mug during those morning walks on deck.

Walks on the Funnel Deck?

Hi all

ParrotheadMel...On the ship there are Plenty of places to drink coffee!!And it is really good!I am also a coffee drinker and i have to have my coffee!!

Going on Carnival Elation July 18,04!!

been on 3 other Carnival cruises!

Hi all

ParrotheadMel...On the ship there are Plenty of places to drink coffee!!And it is really good!I am also a coffee drinker and i have to have my coffee!!

Going on Carnival Elation July 18,04!!

been on 3 other Carnival cruises!

YIPPEE!!

another JAVA JUNKIE!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

No, there is not a speciality coffe/pastry shop on the Inspiration- we were on about 6 weeks ago.

Believe me, I looked- I wanted some choc covered strawberries. It was confusing, becasue the little fols old diagram of the ship they give you showed one by the internet cafe--but it is not there.

Coffee in the dining room was much better than rooms service's or Lido deck.

I would just take my mug to the dining room ans they wou;d fill it up for me.

Archived