Self-tanning lotions

Pootersmom

I know the subject has come up before, but if there is anyone out there that wants to have a nice tanned all over look without having to tan in the sun, I would recommend a product I have been using this summer. Jergens is pretty good, but even it tends to look kinda funky when it starts to wear off....sorta spotty, and if you don't get it on right around your feet.....it's looks fake.

This lotion I have used this summer is called "Jaded" and it is by Austrailian Gold. I bought it at an indoor tanning salon. It ain't cheap. It sells for $50.00 a bottle but I got it for $35.00. Everytime I wear it, one of my co-workers says enviously "look at you! All tan!". I have NOT been in the sun and I have NOT been in the tanning bed. When I am not wearing the lotion, I still have a very mild tinting effect that is very, very smooth and even looking. Also it is a GREAT moisturizer. It lasts all day long.

Jaded does not have any sunscreen in it, so you can't use it in the sun. It's more for that sleek, tanned look with shorts and dresses and bare arms and such. To me, it is well worth the money. I have been tempted to mention it here before because I have been so pleased with it, but held off as I have not seen a thread about what to use in a while and I didn't want to impose.

Thanks for sharing.....

Question???? what happens if you use it in the sun??? i understand it doesnt have sunblock so i know what effects i could get from that....

i have used Australian Gold(taning excelarator) and it works good at the beach and in the tanning beds....

I have been tempted to mention it here before because I have been so pleased with it, but held off as I have not seen a thread about what to use in a while and I didn't want to impose.

Thanks for sharing your find! I've been using Fake Bake, as originally touted by another poster, and I love it. It lasts for a week or more and has beautiful color.

But I mostly wanted to say, never feel like sharing your fave new product is "imposing". We can always learn something new!

Thanks for sharing your find! I've been using Fake Bake, as originally touted by another poster, and I love it. It lasts for a week or more and has beautiful color.

I am so glad I "touted" and you like it!!!;) :D

This lotion I have used this summer is called "Jaded" and it is by Austrailian Gold.

Jaded does not have any sunscreen in it, so you can't use it in the sun. It's more for that sleek, tanned look with shorts and dresses and bare arms and such. To me, it is well worth the money.

colorology_jaded_r9_c8.jpg

Is this the product??:)

I am curious because I did not see where it is advertised as a self -tanner, but rather a bronzer...I always thought those were two totally different things... maybe not??

I am a Fake Bake fanatic myself, but it is advertised as a self tanner only

This gives me the impression that it is to be used IN a tanning bed.

It says it has dual bronzers, my sister uses a indoor tanning lotion for the salon that has quadruple bronzers so I am just wondering ...

Are you very fair skinned so that it may so up more intensely or are you olive complected?

Do you apply it daily on yourself?

How fast does it work?Bronzers are usually instantaneous, where sunless lotions are gradual over hours.

Finally, does it transfer to your clothing?

To me, it is well worth the money. I have been tempted to mention it here before because I have been so pleased with it, but held off as I have not seen a thread about what to use in a while and I didn't want to impose

NEVER be afraid to post new finds!!!:D We all appreciate ( at least I do) new suggestions and products!

I am tempted to try this and compare it to Fake Bake..

I LOVE the bottle, great packaging!!

Thanks for all the info!!!I appreciate it!

Yes! It was thanks to you that I tried it! I'd never even heard of it before.

As a matter of fact, as I was typing, I still had the "residue" on my legs because I hadn't gotten into the shower yet. ;)

NEVER be afraid to post new finds!!!:D We all appreciate ( at least I do) new suggestions and products!

Exactly! This is how I found Fake Bake and probably a few other things over the years I've been reading this board. Sometimes we don't know we're looking for something until somebody posts about it. Then we HAVE to have it!

colorology_jaded_r9_c8.jpg

Is this the product??:)

I am curious because I did not see where it is advertised as a self -tanner, but rather a bronzer...I always thought those were two totally different things... maybe not??

I am a Fake Bake fanatic myself, but it is advertised as a self tanner only

This gives me the impression that it is to be used IN a tanning bed.

It says it has dual bronzers, my sister uses a indoor tanning lotion for the salon that has quadruple bronzers so I am just wondering ...

Are you very fair skinned so that it may so up more intensely or are you olive complected?

Do you apply it daily on yourself?

How fast does it work?Bronzers are usually instantaneous, where sunless lotions are gradual over hours.

Finally, does it transfer to your clothing?

I am tempted to try this and compare it to Fake Bake..

I LOVE the bottle, great packaging!!

Thanks for all the info!!!I appreciate it!

YES!. Thats it!. I don't wear it every day. I have an extremely busy schedule and don't have the time to apply it every day. I have what you call a "sallow" complexion. White, but kinda off-white. But, I usually tan fairly easily when I used to tan. The lady at the salon DID say it was a bronzer, and I quizzed her extensively about if it would have any lasting tinting effect if I didn't use the tanning bed (had a minor run in with skin cancer a few years ago and am now very cautious). She said "a little". When I put it on my legs and look down, I don't notice anything. But time after time I get compliments about my "tan". I almost think that it might be an optical illusion or something... LOL.... But, I probably only apply it once or twice a week and I wear dresses every day (bare legged). From time to time I look at myself nude in the mirror, and by golly...I have a tan!...and I'm not always wearing the lotion. I wish I could explain it. It must have some mild tinting that is just really smooth. I have never used a product that I was 100% satisfied with. But I am really happy with this one.

That residue that Landlocked mentioned is something I have noticed. After I apply the lotion, for the next five or six times that I wash my hands that day, I can still feel it. It's not sticky on my legs or anything, but I'm aware of it when I touch them.

I have never heard of the "fake Bake" product and would be interested in learning more about that as well. Although I gotta admit, I'll be hard pressed to not want to use the Jaded....lol

As far as what happens in the sun with Jaded on, I can't answer that question. I just know it has no suncreen in it. I'll ask the lady at the salon on my next visit (next week sometime, I'm almost out) and see if she knows.

With regard to it transferring to clothing. I have not had a problem with it, HOWEVER, I have a pair of bright white skin tight capri's and I wore them right after applying it, and I noticed around the waist line that there was a little "extra color" there. I was very concerned, because I really like those pants, but I washed them as I normally do and it came right out.

If you do try this, I would love to hear how it compares to your Fake Bake. Last year I used Jergens and was pretty happy with the initial results, but I really did not like it at all when it started to wear off. I tried mystic tan and didn't care for it at all. Not at all...lol

That residue that Landlocked mentioned is something I have noticed. After I apply the lotion, for the next five or six times that I wash my hands that day, I can still feel it. It's not sticky on my legs or anything, but I'm aware of it when I touch them.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I was only thinking about Desperate Housewife reading my post.

The Fake Bake is a product you apply at night, after exfoliating, and it has a color guide in it. So it is very dark brown out of the bottle. You go to bed with it on. When you take your shower the next morning, it washes the color guide off and you are left with a beautiful tan.

Not trying to talk you out of your new favorite product at all. Just thought I'd post this since you said you might be interested in hearing more:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=335198&highlight=fake+bake

This is Desperate Housewife's original thread about FakeBake which turned me onto trying it. I, too, was using Jergen's Natural Glow before reading her testimonial. Now I am loving Fake Bake and need to give or throw away the rest of my JNG because I'll never use it again!

I read the thread about the fake bake and I am intriqued. It might give me a darker tan than I am getting with the jaded and for the cruise, that might be kinda nice. I have a very nice medium tan that is brown (not at all orange), but it is not very deep at all. One good thing about the jaded, you don't have to be real careful in putting it on. It blends really, really well and I apply it pretty much the same way I would any moisturizer. I don't, by the way, use it on my face. I usually don't use anything on my face because I think my facial complexion thinks it is going to be in puberty until the day I die (pimples).

I may have to try the Jaded for my upper body. So far I've been too timid to try the Fake Bake anywhere but my legs. If I ever mess up, I can always hide them in jeans, but my arms, chest neck, yikes! Knowing the Jaded washes off most of the way after showering, it might be the perfect thing for me to use on formal night when I want my back and shoulders to be tan. Hmmm, and here I thought I was going to get away with doing the fake tan before I left the house and leaving the bottle at home!

Question??? ive been reading the threads on fake bake and i might try it...but i want to know...if you have uneven skin to begin with before using the product....can it work to make the skin all even...'

i really want to try this products for my legs (knees down) for some reason they dont tan as well.....

Question??? ive been reading the threads on fake bake and i might try it...but i want to know...if you have uneven skin to begin with before using the product....can it work to make the skin all even...'

i really want to try this products for my legs (knees down) for some reason they dont tan as well.....

Thanks

No!!!!:eek:

Sorry to sound so alarmed but I am worried about what you mean by uneven...

Uneven due to vitalgo type condition or uneven due to rough skin?

Either way, I would not recommend this product becuase it makes your skin darker wherever you apply it.It does not differentiate shades... it tans where it is put.

So, if your question is if you could apply it in certian areas on a particular body part and not in others ( on same body part) then NO.

Please don't give it a whirl unless you have a really thick novel, a lot of shows taped on TiVO, or LOT of housework to catch up on.... because you will be in hiding for at least a week!!!:eek: ;)

:D

Sorry.....:(

No!!!!:eek:

Sorry to sound so alarmed but I am worried about what you mean by uneven...

Uneven due to vitalgo type condition or uneven due to rough skin?

Either way, I would not recommend this product becuase it makes your skin darker wherever you apply it.It does not differentiate shades... it tans where it is put.

So, if your question is if you could apply it in certian areas on a particular body part and not in others ( on same body part) then NO.

Please don't give it a whirl unless you have a really thick novel, a lot of shows taped on TiVO, or LOT of housework to catch up on.... because you will be in hiding for at least a week!!!:eek: ;)

This is exactly why I can't use self-tanners. Trust me I've tried many, many different kinds. I can use the self-tanner made by Arbonne. It goes on like a moisturizer and is very light. I have color already from being outside this summer(light tan) and so if I want

extra color, I can exfoliate and apply this at bedtime. Just like all self-tanners you must be careful around the feet area and elbows.

I would never recommend using any self-tanner right before going on a cruise ship unless you've tried it first and know what results you're getting.

Linda

Having read DesperateHousewife's repy, I'll just add that if you have severe unevenness, something like Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs might work better. It is more of a cover than a self-tanner. Also washes off, so if it doesn't work out, no commitment.

Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs might work better. It is more of a cover than a self-tanner.

Thanks desperate housewife for your honest opinion.....i have hyperpigmentation on my legs which the small sections are very dark..and its been very hard to even out my skin....this is why i asked...

landlockedinaz:....i think i will go this route much better and play with it before i leave on my cruise....thanks

Archived