Car rental return Port of Miami

emilygrace

A little tip that may help everyone....when calling a car rental agency for information, call the facility you'll be renting from directly (local phone number). Do not rely on information from the car rental agencies 800# as they do not have up to the most up to the minute information that the local agency has. In most cases, this holds true for hotels as well. ;)

/////////////////////

I just called the LOCAL Miami Downtown Hertz....they DO have shuttles-

I used our AARP discount and got a car for 35.00 -renting in FLL and

dropping it off at the Miami Port (Downtown) location!

Good Deal ! :)

I talked to Alamo and they told me you can return your car at a drop off at the port. I even did it over the internet and typed in Port of Miami and it was ok. I am going to keep checking to make sure I can still do that

You've received incorrect information. There are no car rental drop offs at Port of Miami. Go back to the Alamo website and check again. This is what the website clearly shows, both the Miami Airport and the Port of Miami locations are one and the same. They're both the airport location. You can call them using the local number (305)633-6076 . By the way that's the same phone number for both the Airport location and the Port of Miami location.

Miami Intl Arpt/Shuttle (MIAT71)

Miami Intl Arpt/Shuttle

3355 Nw.22nd St.

Miami , FL 33142

US Port Of Miami (MIAP71) Port Of Miami

Port Of Miami Airport Rental Plaza

3355 Nw 22 Street Road

Miami , FL 33142

US

A little tip that may help everyone....when calling a car rental agency for information, call the facility you'll be renting from directly (local phone number). Do not rely on information from the car rental agencies 800#

//////////////

Aahh, I see why yours is so much more reasonable than when I want to rent. We're looking at January, which is high season for everything in Florida, from hotels to renting cars. But I'm going to call anyway, just to see what kind of rate they will give me on the phone. Thanks for the AARP code!

We rented a car from Thrifty in Orlando, drove to Miami and dropped it off at Thrifty at Miami Airport. They had a shuttle right to the dock to the Carnival Imagination. After the cruise we got the shuttle right at the pier off the ship and went to the Airport again to pick up another car. However I did notice on Thrifty website that rental fee for "cruise ship pickup" is $10.00 higher than regular rental. That probably pays for the shuttle from dock.

Archived