Cabin 8092 (cat SS) Vista Class

Florida Lady

Florida Lady,

We were on Zuiderdam last Fall in SS 8097 which is directly opposite SS 8092. There was a couple next to us but privacy wasn't an issue. If they stood either at the far left or far right side of their veranda they could see us, but only if we were also on the left side of our veranda. If you are on your veranda looking out at the sea and are seated at the right side of the veranda, your neighbor would have to work a bit to look around the privacy wall to see you. The verandas are a good size and there is ample room to sit back away from the railing. Unless you are planning to do some adventurous sunbathing you should be fine. The SS category is a wonderful room that we thoroughly enjoyed!

I actually have the cabin 8092ion the Westerdam on July 30... When I get back I will check in if there is an issue.

I feel for the people with that nice SS between us and the A cabins just aft. My kids are in them... (8096 and 8098)... Its the first time I havent been able to book contiguous cabins even though I booked far in advance. I just got an offer to upgrade to an S (for $900 so it wasnt that great an offer) but didnt want to move to another deck.

Actually the kids are older and experinced cruisers, so its not like they will be chargin around- past that stage. Just that they tend to come into my cabin for stuff and visa versa. My dad (better known as grandpa- will be in one of these cabins with my son).

We have cabins ss6115 and ss6117 on the Zuiderdam. I noticed that 6117 has an odd shape to it. Do you know if the balcony is smaller because of the odd shape? Anyone know about the room?

Thanks

Archived