Self Tanner for pale person

TanzaniteEyes

I am ghostly pale, very very white. Does anyone know a good self tanner or bronzer i can use to make me look extremely tan ? Most of the time tanners do little to give me a glow. Any suggestions would be welcome. I want to look great on formal night since all my dresses are strapless

I Thought That Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Worked Pretty Good Its Just A Lotion That You Put On Daily And You "appear' Tan Within A Week. I Have Heard That Other Brands Similar To This Also Work. It Also Helps If You Exfoliate Your Skin And Then Apply The Lotion. It Wasnt As Streaky As Some Self Tanners I Have Used In The Past. Good Luck!!

Also You Could Opt For A Spray Tan At Your Local Tanning Salon.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been using the Jeren's gradual tanning moisturizer but it doesn't really do much in the long run. So tomorrow I'm going to the tanning salon and just getting a spray on tan. Hopefully it'll last throughout the cruise.

i have a friend who uses '' estee lauders '' self tanning lotion and loves it. she always looks tan, not streaked and she smells nice ( not the usual unpleasant smell of some self tanning lotions ). she gets it at our local younkers store. a litlle pricey , about $20 per tube, but she swears by it. you might want to give it a try. i tan in a bed and also use loreals lotion that keeps my tan going all week long. i just put it on at night after my shower and i always look nice and tan. good luck on finding something that works good for you. personally, i would try the estee lauder product first to see how it works for you.

Try either Zia or Avalon - both found at Whole Foods and most Health Food stores. Fewer chemicals than the kind you find in most drug stores, although many drug stores are getting the message and are carrying more chemical free and natural products. Neither of these will cause your skin to turn yellow!! Not a pretty sight. Be sure to wash your hands - don't want tanned palms.:)

I am ghostly pale, very very white. Does anyone know a good self tanner or bronzer i can use to make me look extremely tan ? Most of the time tanners do little to give me a glow. Any suggestions would be welcome. I want to look great on formal night since all my dresses are strapless

In my opinion the absolute best product is Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. This is a moisturizer/tanning product combined and I swear it is excellent. You won't turn orange, streak, or look fake at all. This product is so hot that the stores could not keep in on the shelves in the beginning of summer and it was being sold on Ebay like hotcakes until the company finally started to get enough product out to keep up with the demand! It comes in a couple types for light/ medium, and medium, medium to dark. The medium to dark with the dark brown cap is very hard to get most times. They also make the same product just for the face although I can't tell the difference. You can get it most anywhere such as Walmart, Rite Aid, Kmart, Etc. but the trick is it is NOT with the self tanners and that's why most people cannot find it. You will find it in the regular moisturizer lotion section in the stores. It's about 7.00-9.00 a tube and it works very quickly and lasts for days. I only use it once a week and I am fair also and it maintains a healthy looking tan on me and it looks completely natural. They also make a nice highlighter type lotion that looks great to put on for a formal occasion as it adds a nice glow to your skin. Jergens has been around forever and this is really their best product ever. As with any product, wash your hands after using between your fingers so you do not get a build up in that area. I've tried them all and this is really the best one yet and I think you will be impressed. :)

I agree with the Jergins lotion: there are a few other companies that have come out with similar products lately. I use Jergins pretty much plus when I am on the ship I do the sun treatment. It is about the only spa treatment I will spring for, but it is so cool and you look so good afterwards. NMNita

I used the Jergens when it first came out and it did a pretty good job. Still a small amount of streaking if you are not real proficient (which I am not). However, I really did not like the smell and that is the reason I stopped using it.

I would suggest that you make an appointment at the local tanning salon for the spray on about 2 days before you leave for your cruise. This generally lasts about a week. This way you don't have to worry about streaking, pleasant odors or maintenance.

L'Oreal has a great self-tanner lotion that you apply every day or every other day. My six DD's and I all used it with no streaking or other problems. Gave us a nice, natural color.

I TOTALLY agree with beth....I also use L'Oreal. I am so pale....when I do have a bit of sun on my arms (the only place I get it naturally) I have to prove I have a tan cause no one thinks I tan at all....by taking off my watch and the area under it is WHITER---that is how pale I am! LOL.

Anyhow, L'Oreal does a great job for me and it last forever! I put only one coat on about 2 weeks ago and I am still tanned...without touching up!

Get the box with the face wipes that are included with a bottle of tanner. The face wipes are great and give a very natural color...not too dark either.

You can find L'Oreal at Wal-Mart stores...that is where I got mine.

:) Happy Tanning!:)

I TOTALLY agree with beth....I also use L'Oreal. I am so pale....when I do have a bit of sun on my arms (the only place I get it naturally) I have to prove I have a tan cause no one thinks I tan at all....by taking off my watch and the area under it is WHITER---that is how pale I am! LOL.

Anyhow, L'Oreal does a great job for me and it last forever! I put only one coat on about 2 weeks ago and I am still tanned...without touching up!

Get the box with the face wipes that are included with a bottle of tanner. The face wipes are great and give a very natural color...not too dark either.

You can find L'Oreal at Wal-Mart stores...that is where I got mine.

:) Happy Tanning!:)

If there any odor to the L'Oreal? I use a lot of other L'Oreal products, but have never tried the tanners.

I'm the typical "strawberry blond" with the complection that goes with the hair color. I go for a double treatment at a local salon. I get the spray on tan PLUS time on a tanning bed. I do this three or four times within the last two weeks before my cruise.

I did Mystic Tan at my local tanning parlor-it is safe-unlike tanning booths and it took 30 seconds-I did two sessions before the cruise-it fades in 5-10 days depending on how moisturized you are and how good you exfoliate before the session. It cost me $28.00 for two sessions.

Be careful - I used to use self tanners but found the swimming pool and sea water are both salt and it exfoliates your skin very quickly - my self tanners didn't last the week and at one time I thought it looked funny... ;) But I also scuba dive and snorkel so am int he water the whole cruise so if you weren't really a water person it wouldn't matter... Debbie

I used the Jergens when it first came out and it did a pretty good job. Still a small amount of streaking if you are not real proficient (which I am not). However, I really did not like the smell and that is the reason I stopped using it.

Yes!! That awful smell....I don't know if it is just my body chemistry, but I really want to use self tanning lotion...the odor that eminates from my skin about 2 to 3 hours after it "sets in" and until I shower again (and sometimes until the product is completely gone, not just with a shower) is rather embarassing! :eek: I will try Estee Lauder, as a previous poster suggested. I don't it doesn't do the same thing....I think I will do what this poster said and just get a "spray job" before I go. It doesn't smell? And it lasts long enough for a 7 day cruise? I'm in!

BLT

Archived