Carnival Victory 8-26-06

SnowCone

Just returned from the Victory after a five-day trip to Canada. I'll write a review in the coming days - however I wanted to post some photos from one of the odd-shaped aft cabins. This is one of those "wrap-around the crew staircase" cabins. I loved this location. It was pretty quiet both in the cabin and on the balcony. The balcony was very long - great for capturing various photographic angles. The cabin steward, Santiago, was outstanding - three different nights, three different towel animals. Ice was ALWAYS in my room - so convenient! Because it was so far back, there was very little noise from "pass through" traffic in the hallway. It is a bit of a hike to the Caribbean Lounge (shows), but the walk was welcomed (especially since the buffet and 24 hour ice cream/pizza was only two decks above - too convenient!). One morning (in St. John, NB), I woke up to find a little dead bird on my balcony. I left a note for the steward as I was about to go on a shore excursion. I got off the boat and headed to the bus which was parked along the back of the ship. I looked up to take a photo of my balcony - and the ships staff was already hosing down the balcony and cleaning the glass windows. This happened in less than 20 minutes after leaving my note. Very impressive.

Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/aesquibel

Just returned from the Victory after a five-day trip to Canada. I'll write a review in the coming days - however I wanted to post some photos from one of the odd-shaped aft cabins. This is one of those "wrap-around the crew staircase" cabins. I loved this location. It was pretty quiet both in the cabin and on the balcony. The balcony was very long - great for capturing various photographic angles. The cabin steward, Santiago, was outstanding - three different nights, three different towel animals. Ice was ALWAYS in my room - so convenient! Because it was so far back, there was very little noise from "pass through" traffic in the hallway. It is a bit of a hike to the Caribbean Lounge (shows), but the walk was welcomed (especially since the buffet and 24 hour ice cream/pizza was only two decks above - too convenient!). One morning (in St. John, NB), I woke up to find a little dead bird on my balcony. I left a note for the steward as I was about to go on a shore excursion. I got off the boat and headed to the bus which was parked along the back of the ship. I looked up to take a photo of my balcony - and the ships staff was already hosing down the balcony and cleaning the glass windows. This happened in less than 20 minutes after leaving my note. Very impressive.

Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/aesquibel

Thanks for posting the pics. When I go in February, I will have one of those odd shaped cabins and cant wait to have my longer balcony! The pic's are wonderful.

Thanks again, was wondering what they looked like on the Victory!

I have finally found a good review of the Victory. I'm happy you had a great time. Do you mind if I ask some questions?

• I have heard some people talk about the food and how horrible it was, was it good?
  • Was there a deck party on one of nights to celebrate the colors?
  • The Midnight Buffet, was it to die for?
  • I've been on the Glory is the layout of the Ship the same?
  • On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your experience?

Hope to hear from you soon, and if you don't reply back I understand. But I want to say thanks for the excellent review of the Victory.

Hi,

My friends had an aft cabin I think it was 8433 also. We hung out on her deck the last evening and watched the sunset. That room is awesome for the deck alone, if you can get it go for it. I was on the 8/26 cruise and had a great time will write a review as soon as I can.

Chris

• I have heard some people talk about the food and how horrible it was, was it good?
  • The Midnight Buffet, was it to die for?
  • On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your experience?

We were on the Victory in June.

The food was great. The deli sandwhiches were very good. The dining room at dinner was amazing. (Be sure to get the basil ice cream) We always had breakfast brought by room service. Didn't care for the pizzas, burgers and hot dogs but...not something I eat much of anyway.

Sadly, there was no midnight buffet.

I would rate this cruise an 8. Would have been higher except for weather, which of course can't be helped.

In Halifax forget all the touristy stuff and head to O'Carrolls Pub. The bangers & mash is great. Try an Alexander Keith's Red, brewed locally.

Archived