Westin Seattle

USNDiver

Very nice (and expensive) hotel, with great beds! It is right on the monorail line and attached to a nice enclosed shopping mall, and close to other stores and shops downtown. About six blocks to Pike Street Market as I remember.

The Westin is great!! We stay there a couple times a year and in fact were just there a few weeks ago! They have a great lobby lounge and are right in the heart of shopping/restaurants etc... our favorite is Wild Ginger....if you like Asian food, their "Seven Elements Soup" is unbelievable (served only at lunch), it's very upscale but reasonable and within walking distance to the Westin!! We have been known to stay downtown just to have easy access to it..heehee!! The Brooklyn is fun for Happy Hour! And of course for a "chain", the Cheesecake Factory is right down the street!! Enjoy!!

• 2 months later...

We always stay at the Westin. The location is great. Great views. The Brooklyn is a wonderful restaurant. Great for oysters. I think they have 100's of varieties. It is also very near the Seattle Art Museum. The Dahlia Lounge is also wonderful. We enjoyed Theatre Zinzanni which is a kind of dinner theater. Think Cirque du Soliel while eating your meal. Also within walking distance of your hotel. I have not YET been on the underground tour of Seattle.

Try Googling "things to do in Seattle" and see what pops up !

Love the Westin Seattle! excellent location - you can walk to the waterfront, although there's free public bus service during established timeframes that is very handy for getting about (there's a map to which you can refer) - the Westin is walking distance to the bus line (like about a block). We love the Brooklyn, mentioned above, but we most appreciate Elliott's at the waterfront. We get the dungeness crab and split it - just to add a side salad is enough. (many other dishes are worthy of ordering). Try Ivars for delicious clam chowder! (we do the take out and there's a place to sit down and eat under cover). There is so much to see and do in Seattle, all by walking! One of our favorite play cities!!!!!! Have done the Underground Tour - don't miss it! Of course: coffee, coffee, coffee - we prefer Seattle's Best, but of course, don't miss Starbucks. Seattle has all the major restaurants, etc. like Cold Stone Creamery (near the Westin), Cheesecake Factory, and so many others....Pike's Market is not to be missed, for sure!

We won a bid through Priceline for the Westin last year, post-cruise. Of course, we loved the famous Heavenly Bed. And, we had a decent view from our room, as well. The King room comes with a Queen sofa, which was nice for our daughter to sleep on.

Other than that, I found the hotel to be more "business-oriented". It didn't have the warm feel of other hotels I've stayed in. And, the dang elevators kept breaking the day were there. Not good when you're several floors up. :eek:

The hotel I really liked is one I also booked through Priceline and it's the Alexis Hotel. (A Kimpton group boutique hotel). We stayed there one night pre-cruise. I almost didn't want to leave it to embark on the ship! They treated us soooo nice and they gave us some type of suite with all kinds of space! Since it was my daughter's birthday, they had a few gifts in the room waiting for her! (I had forgotten I even mentioned it months before:) It was just so personable. But then Kimpton is like that! They're also pet-friendly.

While the Westin was fine in some regards---close to shopping, but a walk down to the waterfront....it wouldn't be my first choice for hotels. EXCEPT for that wonderful bed!

My Wife and I are booked for a 3 night, pre-cruise, at the Westin Seattle and were wondering if anyone has any comments/suggestions on the area good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks,

Dave

We won a bid through Priceline for the Westin last year, post-cruise. Of course, we loved the famous Heavenly Bed. And, we had a decent view from our room, as well. The King room comes with a Queen sofa, which was nice for our daughter to sleep on.

Other than that, I found the hotel to be more "business-oriented". It didn't have the warm feel of other hotels I've stayed in. And, the dang elevators kept breaking the day were there. Not good when you're several floors up. :eek:

The hotel I really liked is one I also booked through Priceline and it's the Alexis Hotel. (A Kimpton group boutique hotel). We stayed there one night pre-cruise. I almost didn't want to leave it to embark on the ship! They treated us soooo nice and they gave us some type of suite with all kinds of space! Since it was my daughter's birthday, they had a few gifts in the room waiting for her! (I had forgotten I even mentioned it months before:) It was just so personable. But then Kimpton is like that! They're also pet-friendly.

While the Westin was fine in some regards---close to shopping, but a walk down to the waterfront....it wouldn't be my first choice for hotels. EXCEPT for that wonderful bed!

What star hotels and what area did you bid on?? I am planning on bidding for our 2 nights pre cruise for Seattle so any help or suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Hello, Julia,

I just read some of your posts on our Roll Call. You know, my Sydney-Sider Sister, Kathy, and I just came back from the Sapphire Asia cruise.

I, also, plan to fly LAX to SEA on Friday afternoon after work for 2 nights.

I have read absolutely everything on Bidding for Travel dot com for bidding on PriceLine - TripAdvisor & all reviews. I hope Kathy & Dennis can also get there on Friday so we can all have 2 days together.

I think the only thing to bid is Downtown, 4-star. I would love to have the Crowne because we just loved it in Beijing; however, if it were some of the other 3-star, I would be disappointed.

When Dennis, Kathy, and I went to the Baltics, last year, on the Star Princess, I won the Copenhagen Marriott on PL for $95 per night - what a great deal that was. Simply beautiful and wonderful service. I also stayed there 2 nights post-cruise, while Sis went on to England to visit relatives.

Some of the reviews & reports for Seattle go way back so the rates seem low. I am only going to bid on 4-Star, Downtown. I will start at $80 but expect to pay about $100 but don't want to go much over that.

Have you started bidding yet? ;)

Let's keep in touch to compare. I think Kathy still has to get their air so not sure of how many nights they need. I'll probably talk to her over the long Thanksgiving weekend. :D

Hello, Julia,

I just read some of your posts on our Roll Call. You know, my Sydney-Sider Sister, Kathy, and I just came back from the Sapphire Asia cruise.

I, also, plan to fly LAX to SEA on Friday afternoon after work for 2 nights.

I have read absolutely everything on Bidding for Travel dot com for bidding on PriceLine - TripAdvisor & all reviews. I hope Kathy & Dennis can also get there on Friday so we can all have 2 days together.

I think the only thing to bid is Downtown, 4-star. I would love to have the Crowne because we just loved it in Beijing; however, if it were some of the other 3-star, I would be disappointed.

When Dennis, Kathy, and I went to the Baltics, last year, on the Star Princess, I won the Copenhagen Marriott on PL for $95 per night - what a great deal that was. Simply beautiful and wonderful service. I also stayed there 2 nights post-cruise, while Sis went on to England to visit relatives.

Some of the reviews & reports for Seattle go way back so the rates seem low. I am only going to bid on 4-Star, Downtown. I will start at $80 but expect to pay about $100 but don't want to go much over that.

Have you started bidding yet? ;)

Let's keep in touch to compare. I think Kathy still has to get their air so not sure of how many nights they need. I'll probably talk to her over the long Thanksgiving weekend. :D

I haven't bid yet as we too have not booked air from Atlanta. We will have the kids with us too along with Jane and Neil from Brissie and there 2 kids. I will start with the 4* but also don't want to go too pricey as we will hardly be there, we plan on renting a car and hopefully some friends from Tacoma and portland will visit over the weekend.

Cannot wait to get on the ship and it's going to be a long wait!!!!:eek:

Archived