What brand dive equip on Sun Princess

Angiem

Hi,

If anyone out there has been on a dive with Sun Princess, can u tell me what brand gear they used. Trying to see if husband's Scuba Pro regulator is compatible and he won't have to bring his entire scuba bag!!!!

Thanks

Angie

Hi,

If anyone out there has been on a dive with Sun Princess, can u tell me what brand gear they used. Trying to see if husband's Scuba Pro regulator is compatible and he won't have to bring his entire scuba bag!!!!

Thanks

Angie

Bring the bag! Who wants to dive with rental crap?

Agiem,

I'm assuming you're talking about bringing his regulator, octopus, pressure guage and perhaps computer, and leaving the BC, at home? What about his mask, and fins? Maybe you could do without the fins and BC, but not the mask. So really, it's down to the BC and maybe the fins. I'd probably do OK with a rental BC, and if necessary fins, but not my mask and certainly not my regulator. I have a travel BC that's really light, and packs well around all my other gear. To me, it's worth the peace of mind to use my own gear that I'm comfortable with and simply deal with the luggage issue. I'm leaving for Tahiti in December, and despite the thrash of hauling not only my gear, but also my wife's gear and my W/W video gear half-way around the globe, not to mention a couple of weeks worth of clothing, I trust my own equipment over equipment I know nothing about.

So why not consider your hubby's safety and let him bring his favorite toys.;)

Something else to consider is that Princess doesn't conduct the excursion dives, individual operators contracted on each island provide the service, so their rental gear isn't necessarily all the same.

Oh, and I agree with cmdchiefthom, if already owns his own dive gear, bring it.

we are new to diving and slowly purchasing our own equipment.

Next will be BCD's do you have a recommendation for a "light-weight" suitable for travelling. Our local dive shop thinks they don't have enough "lift." any opinions?

How about favorite for a women's BCD? It is so hard to make a dcision without trying them in a real situation.

My wife uses an Aeris Reefrider and loves it. Around 8 pounds, with around 25 lbs of lift, and the larger men's sizes have 32 pounds of lift. I've been using an older U.S. Divers back flotation, with a bladderless chamber, that weighs in at around 8 pounds as well. So around 16-17 pounds worth of BC's in your luggage, which I don't think is too bad.

My wife uses an Aeris Reefrider and loves it. Around 8 pounds, with around 25 lbs of lift, and the larger men's sizes have 32 pounds of lift. I've been using an older U.S. Divers back flotation, with a bladderless chamber, that weighs in at around 8 pounds as well. So around 16-17 pounds worth of BC's in your luggage, which I don't think is too bad.

When we travel we pack a separate bag for our scuba/snorkeling equipment, a 30" rolling duffel bag.

I scuba dive but my wife does not. She enjoys snorkeling and we both have all of our own equipment. I pack all my scuba gear, mask, fins, snorkel, wetsuit, BCD, regulator, snorkel vest, along with my wife's snorkel equipment (mask, fins, snorkel, wetsuit, vest) and 2 separate smaller bags to take everything from the ship to the beach or dive location. I can usually fit in some smaller items as well, like water shoes, T-shirts, etc.

I partially fill the BCD with air and along with my wetsuit and my wife's wetsuit, and use them to cushion everything else. Even with all this, I can manage to keep the bag under the 50lb airline weight limit. However, I also bring a scale to weigh the bag - just in case.

Archived