Sally's replacement in Cozumel

GolfitoJR

Hi Folks,

First, I'd like to let you know the reason Sally has not posted in a while is that her DSL has not been installed, and she will probably be off-line for another 2 weeks. In the meantime, I'd like to introduce myself to all you cruisers out there.

My name is J.R. and I have just moved to Cozumel to take Sally's place at the Cozumel Mini-Golf. Sally has decided to provide massage therapy full-time (both privately and at a hotel here on the island). She will be coming to the states to finalize her training in a new type of massage at the end of the month and will return to Cozumel around the middle of August. Scott & I wish her all the best in her new venture, and I appreciate the opportunity that she has provided me in taking her place at Golfito.

Now here's my story. I'm a diver and have been coming to Cozumel since 1997. I've worked in power plants all over the world, started, ran and just sold a successful computer business in Fort Worth, Texas, and now I've semi-retired to the island of my dreams.

We will strive to keep our quality up here at Cozumel Mini-Golf (Golfito) and will do our best to serve the cruising community in Cozumel.

Welcome to the boards. I have not visited your establishment but have read Sally's comments for years. We seem to do Cozumel on every cruise and one day we will find you guys and visit. Any great new management specials you are planning for Sept.? That is our next time in Cozumel.

Hey, hey, hey I'm still here! It's a new improved Sally! :D I have just re-registered under a new name and signature, giving up my hundreds (was thousands under the old board) of logged posts. I have some catching up to do so plan to be online frequently.

I want to thank everyone for visiting the minigolf... now that I am no longer a part of it, I can sing its praises on this board without violating the rules. :p

For those of you who wonder why you should bother with a minigolf while on vacation in the Caribbean, please allow me to say that Cozumel Minigolf is perhaps one of the most beautiful minigolfs in the world and one of the most beautiful spots on the island. Shhh! It's a secret! If minigolf is not your thing, stop up during a shopping break and enjoy a very cold beer, sangria or soft drink, in the shade of the canopy of trees.

I'm on to a new adventure, although I'll remain on this beautiful island.

With many more questions to answer, I am...

Sally, best wishes with your new venture. I have always enjoyed and appreciated your posts and am glad to know that you will still be around. I am sorry I have not made it to the minigolf while you were a part of it.

JR, welcome to the board and I wish you and minigolf continued success. Sounds like you have some mighty big shoes to fill.

Patti

Archived