Onboard booking for a cruise already reserved

kpgclark

We are going on the Freedom in November and we have the Radiance booked for 3/08. On the Radiance we have a great cabin booked that we don't want to lose (corner aft Junior Suite!). My question: Can we re-book the Radiance cruise in November onboard the Freedom? Assuming there is a Junior Suite available can we book it onboard and then somehow get our "old" cabin changed to the new booking and then cancel our original booking? Is it worth it to do this anyhow? How much is the onboard credit anyhow?

You can re-book for OBC like that; we have done it. You essentially cancel and re-book. However, if prices have increased in your category since you booked, you will have to pay the higher price. Also, if you used a TA to book, you cannot get an OBC this way.

You can re-book for OBC like that; we have done it. You essentially cancel and re-book. However, if prices have increased in your category since you booked, you will have to pay the higher price. Also, if you used a TA to book, you cannot get an OBC this way.

I respectfully disagree about not getting the OBC if you had used a TA. You can cancel any cruise you have made w/ a TA and book another one. I would talk to my TA about this before you do it if I were you to tell them what you are doing. Some TAs charge cancellation fees, but I doubt if they would if you are re-booking and using them for your new booking.

Archived