Transportation from GCT to Red Hook

911 RN

We are taking Metro North from CT for the 9/30 sailing of the Crown Princess. What is the best way to get from Grand Central Terminal to the port in Red Hook? Cab, limo service, subway??

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks....:)

Your best bed is to take a yellow cab (dont pay more than $40). it is more convenient for you, so you wont get confused on the train.. its a lot of work with your luggage. you can look into a super shuttle from grand central station. General Reservations 1-212 Blue Van (212-258-3826)

Lildantat,

My husband works in NYC so he's fairly subway savvy, but only around Manhattan. He doesn't get over to Brooklyn. In any case though, I don't feel like dragging my luggage down the stairs into the subway! :( The car services are expensive, so we'll probably opt for a cab. Thanks.

Lildantat,

My husband works in NYC so he's fairly subway savvy, but only around Manhattan. He doesn't get over to Brooklyn. In any case though, I don't feel like dragging my luggage down the stairs into the subway! :( The car services are expensive, so we'll probably opt for a cab. Thanks.

It's good that you've opted not to use the subway. Besides the fact that you'll be dragging your luggage, not to mention possibly some valuables, from what I've been told, the area surrounding the passenger terminal in Brooklyn is not the safest area to wander. Now, I've been flamed before for saying this, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. The closest subway stop is not that close to the port either. Start your vacation on a positive note...and a relaxing one....by taking a taxi or car service. BTW, try calling other car services. It shouldn't cost $115 round trip from Grand Central. Good luck.

We are on the Oct. 9th sailing and we've opted to drive in and park at the terminal. After thorough research, it's the most cost effective for us.

http://www.inredhook.com/cruises/terminal/

Transportation to/from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

Subway/Bus

Take the F train to Smith/9th Street Train station and change for the B77 Bus. Get off bus at Conover Street and Dikeman Street. The walk is then approximately 6 long blocks to the terminal entrance.

Take 2/3/4/5/N/R Train to Borough Hall and change for B61 bus on Joralemon Street. Get off bus at Pioneer Street and Van Brunt Street. The walk is then approximately 4 long blocks to the terminal entrance.

Yellow cab

From Manhattan, take a cab to the corner of Bowne and Imlay Streets in Red Hook, Brooklyn

Car service is located outside the terminal

Archived