Roll Call - HAL Veendam Sept 24th

awaflyboy

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I will be on the Van - Sea segment, just overnight. We live in Seattle and we're doing a 1 night Princess cruise from Sea to Van BC and then one night back on HAL Veendam. Sadly, work keeps us from going to LA on either line. I doubt you will be the only gay guys continuing to LA.

This will be out first HAL ship (obviously, just a taste of the line) and our third Princess ship.

Please write about your experience on this ship. I was on her 10 years ago and really loved the ship. I traveled solo and had a fabulous time...met someone on the staff......even had some romance. Rather than the new big ships, this one has all the nice Holland America designs without the fuss of the new ships of the line. In particular was that piano bar....hot red in color........boy did I have a time in that room! Where the romance started....wink wink wink.

I believe the ship has had a refit not too long ago so she should be in good shape.

enjoy this fine lady.......they dont make too many ships this size anymore. By the way the crew should be very gay friendly. The Ocean Bar is a good hang out.....it was the place to be at night where as the forward observation lounge seem to be dead.

enjoy and write about your experience, the ship and whether Holland America is your thing.

Bon Voyage.

Tom

Have a great cruise.

I will be at the docks that day as the Veendam and the Westerdam are both going to be in port, and I want to take some pics of them. I am

keeping my fingers crossed that they will be next to each other, as the

Norwegian Sun and the Coral Princess will also be there that day.

Enjoy the NYTimes Explorations Cafe and the other Signature of Excellence enhancements that HAL has done to the ships.

• 8 months later...

Archived