Just off the Holiday this morning

mommas2tired

We left here on Aug 26 and spent 2 days in Mobile at the Radisson, We had 1 suite and 1 regular room with double beds on the 11th floor they were fantastic rooms the service was great, Olivers was great, the food was very tasty. For breakfast the 1st morning we ate at Spot of Tea. also great. We also did some sightseeing we went to Daulphin Island and close to Gulf Shores. The very best place we ate was Market at the Bay we ate shrimp that was out of this world we had homemade Gumbo compliments of Chad and the staff. We ate till we were sick and miserable. Everyone we came into contact with was so friendly and nice I have traveled all over the world and I thin the people in Mobile are about the friendlest I have ever met. We ate one evening at Lamberts and I made the mistake of ordering the ribs. The were served in a huge skillet I could only eat half. they were also great.

We took the shuttle to the pier got there about 12:30 It didn't take to long until we were onboard. they are very efficiant. I have been on the Holiday before and I could tell she had a major face lift, it was clean and we never felt crowded.

The Cabin:

we were in cabin M39 and M43 If I sail on Holiday again these will be the cabins I will want. Close to the elevators and the lobby and close to debarkation doors. The rooms were great and clean our room stewart was Arnold from the Phillipines. I can't say enough good things about this man. The beds were very comfy and he kept our cabin very clean.

That night was a lot of fun but we had just alittle too much to drink and we were unable to make it to the get together for CC the first day SORRY

Terri1026.

Entertainment

We went to the Extreme Country show this one was our favorite they did a great job.

the comedy show was also great

we even liked the last show Shout.

There was never a lack of anything to do if you wanted to

Dining:

Out of this world also

our head waiter was Rodolfo from Costa Rica

his assistant was Nyman from Bali

These 2 people made our evenings great.

First Sea Day:

This was also formal night we had a fantastic time that's all I'm gonna say about that:D

Cozumel:

We did the Mexican Cooking Cuisine class Javier and Louis were our chefs this excursion is was well worth the $$ I would have never thought about using the combinations of food we had but wow I love to learn new things and they kept the Tequila coming and any other drink you wanted coming. we didn't have enough time to go swimming like I hoped, the water looked crystal clear I did jump in really quick before we had to go, it felt great because it was really hot but there was a breeze and we were under a tent.

Calica:

on this I booked a private tour of Tulum for 6 hours and 70.00pp we had a driver and a private guide for the 5 of us. Her name was Isabella and she speaks perfect english. She is very knowledgable about Tulum and the area. She took us to places that the Carnival sponsored tour did not inside the ruins. She kept us supplied with ice cold bottled water during our time with her. We decided that we were not interested in going to a cenote on this tour instead we asked could we go shopping she took us to places away from the tourist traps and we did some shopping had lots of fun on this one also and we all highly reccommend her. She even suggested if we would like to come back for about 4 or five days she would arrange hotels transportation babysitting everything except flights and hotel charges and she would take us thru the Yucatan Pinninsula to see the different ruin sites and villages and culture, even just a picinic on the beach at Tulum if we wanted on our next cruise there where not alot of people go. We really had a great time on both of these excursions. I do think I will try to do more of my own bookings for excursions judging by the experience we had on this one.

2nd Sea Day:

Just lounged around and ae and relaxed great day a little rainy in the am but it soon went away

Every one on the ship was really friendly we didn't let it bother us when the photographer said he hated his job and that he was better than this job.

Or the non smiling bartender on lido aft bar he finally came around.

Really the only thing that we thought was inappropriate was the 70 year old guy in a suit dancing with a young girl in the disco I won't go into alot of detail but she was bent over and he was behind her:eek:

and then on lido deck the girl on the barstool with the guy who grabbed her by the knees then threw her back on the bar and wrapped them around his waist while he was bumping to the music really the bad thing was the kids that were there this was during the Mexican Buffet. :eek:

other really great things were the hot tubs on Verandah deck

laying our under the stars on the lounge chairs

just many many things and people that made this a wonderful trip.

Our room stewart did tell us that the Holiday and the Celebration will not be sailing after a year he says they are going to be replaced

Has anyone else heard this?

Anyhow we had a great trip and really hated for it to end.:)

I just got home from the Holiday all I can say is

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

more to come after I rest...

I totally agree with you. WOW!!!!!! Great review. Sorry you missed the meet and greet. It was great to meet those who did come.

BTW, will you please e-mail me the information to contact Issabella. We are thinking about a trip to Cancun in the next couple of months and it would be great to have someone there to help us with tours and stuff. cruisenews4me@aol.com THANKS!!

Interesting that you were told the Holiday and Celebration would be replaced in a year.

We cruised last year on Celebration and had a wonderfil time. But it would be great to be able to cruise out of Jacksonville on a different ship. The port is just too convenient for us, and is operated so well.

Glad to hear you had a good time on Holiday! I was hesitant about booking her this Dec just before Christmas, but from the reviews I have read recently looks like we will have a good time!

I know that there is one formal night the first day at sea, but are the remaining nights casual? We are taking this cruise just before the holidays and plan on staying in the Mobile area for several days afterwards and just trying to figure on what to pack.

As for dinner in the main dining room, what are not to be missed appetizers/entrees/desserts? Also, do you know if they offered a galley tour?

We have an outside gtw and do not know what room we will have but I understand that pretty much all of the rooms are the same size except for the suites. Do the bathrooms have shampoo, soaps, etc and is that something we can leave behind?

Thanks in advance. Scott

Mammas2tired,

Sorry we didn't get to meet you. We had a great time as well. Everyone was extremely nice and the service on board was excellent. We booked the Catameran, beach, and snorkel excursion in Coz. and had a good time. But had the best ever excursion at Calica. We did a private tour and snorkeled a cenote and swam with sea turtles, an experience we will never forget. Here's a link to my pictures http://miata46.myphotoalbum.com/

The Holiday may be old but still a great ship. The cruise director, Steve Cassel said that they are planning on adding a bigger ship to the Mobile port. Can't wait for that.

Cruised on the Holiday a couple of times myself. I would like to again since the drydock. I hope they don't replace the Holiday. Doesn't make sense that they would spend that much money on the dry dock just to sell her or move her to another one of their lines as they did with the Jubilee. It may not be as elaborate in sight as the new Carnival ships but it is still a great vacation especially if you are on a budget.

My wife, daughter and I will be sailing the Conquest next month and hope that the ship is not too big for our liking. I believe that there is a demand for the smaller more intimate ships such as the Holiday. Carnival PLC knows this because their brand line Princess Cruise Lines just added a smaller ship to their fleet that was bought from another line.

I guess we will see what happens

our room stewart didn't say where he got his info from but I too hope they don't replace the Holiday. I have been on the bigger ships and wish there was an option in cabins I can't afford a suite but would like a balcony. Maybe if they do bring another ship in there will be more options.

Besides the first day at sea formal there was the past guest party not formal but smart casual. We went but left early so many people were talking you could'nt hear the Captain speaking alot of people would not stop talking even as the Captain was thanking us for sailing with them. He was very kind and we were able to take our pictures with him, we thought he was rather handsome.:D

There was a galley tour on the last sea day. We missed it but I had been on one before. It is interesting.

The bathrooms do not have shampoo and soap like before so you will have to bring your own.

I did find the prices on liqour to be really cheap 13.and some change for a large bottle of crown royal.

as far as food goes the filet mingon (?) was buttery soft if you order med rare.

the rib eye was also wonderful

they will bring you anything and as many as you want on the menu

one night one in our party ordered 3 entrees and 2 starters.

I even broke down and tried escargo (?) I was surprised they were tasty:)

The soups were also very good I tried the asparagus soup, won ton soup

and chilled mango cream.....yum yum:)

I just got home from the Holiday all I can say is

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

more to come after I rest...

Mommas too tired? I lve 9/30 on holiday..my many-eth cruise, but 1st on this ship..email me your thoughts. i will be solo, but hope to meet up with some of these fine cc'ers.tx for your input...judi

Mommas too tired? I lve 9/30 on holiday..my many-eth cruise, but 1st on this ship..email me your thoughts. i will be solo, but hope to meet up with some of these fine cc'ers.tx for your input...judi

dumb out today momma...daaling456@juno.com..but starting to pack essentials as not to forget..judi

Momma can u tell me about formal night.....were people really dressed up or just nice.......do men have to wear a suit to get into dining room on formal night and did they serve lobster? Thanks so much....we are going this Saturday

Angie

Momma can u tell me about formal night.....were people really dressed up or just nice.......do men have to wear a suit to get into dining room on formal night and did they serve lobster? Thanks so much....we are going this Saturday

Angie

A suit for formal night is fine. But a Tux is ok to if you want to realy dress up!! You get a pretty good mix of both on formal nights on the larger ships. I would say probably more suits on the smaller ships since they are shorter cruises.

Have a wonderful time!! (and come back and tell us allll about it)

Archived