Captain's Circle Cruise History Snafu

CroozBlooz

My DW and I began sailing on Princess in 1995, and have completed 13 cruises to date. The history in my profile correctly reflects 13 cruises, but my DW's shows only 10. I am aware that Princess had computer upgrade issues in 1998 or 1999, and "lost" information on past cruises.

Without boring you with the details, my history had been correct, and then some staffer took it upon himself to delete several cruises from my profile and DW's profile after I had requested credit for a cancelled (but paid for) cruise. Eventually, I got my credits restored, through the efforts of Customer Care, but I realize that DW is three cruises short.

I know I could get the 3 cruises added to her history if I had kept documentation of each cruise, but we did not do so. I'd like to have her history corrected (we have always cruised together on Princess, so our histories should be identical). But I am concerned that if I raise the issue with the Captain's Circle department, I will get the same (or a similar) "Einstein" who will delete prior credits.

Since we always travel together, it probably doesn't really matter, but I do think her records should be correct. Anyone have any suggestions?

we had a similiar problem. I assure you it will take several calls to get this straightened out. My Dh's now has an EXTRA credit, but mine is finally correct. Everytime you call they will assure you that it will be corrected within "48 hours"....keep checking

My DW and I began sailing on Princess in 1995, and have completed 13 cruises to date. The history in my profile correctly reflects 13 cruises, but my DW's shows only 10. I am aware that Princess had computer upgrade issues in 1998 or 1999, and "lost" information on past cruises.

Without boring you with the details, my history had been correct, and then some staffer took it upon himself to delete several cruises from my profile and DW's profile after I had requested credit for a cancelled (but paid for) cruise. Eventually, I got my credits restored, through the efforts of Customer Care, but I realize that DW is three cruises short.

I know I could get the 3 cruises added to her history if I had kept documentation of each cruise, but we did not do so. I'd like to have her history corrected (we have always cruised together on Princess, so our histories should be identical). But I am concerned that if I raise the issue with the Captain's Circle department, I will get the same (or a similar) "Einstein" who will delete prior credits.

Since we always travel together, it probably doesn't really matter, but I do think her records should be correct. Anyone have any suggestions?

Did they give you credit for the cruise you paid for but cancelled? I had to cancel 24 hours prior to a cruise ans could not get credit for it since I didn't go. I requested my travelling partners be given our mini (they were in an inside) but was told they would not do that...

I got no Captain's Circle credit and no cruise. And the cancellation was due to a cause that would not be insurable (although if I had taken Princess Travel Care, I would have gotten a credit toward another cruise, but I did not). To make matters worse, I believe that the sailing was oversold and they got themselves out of a spot by being able to reassign my cabin.

Jenn is right. It will take more than one call to straighten this out ! I don't know how it can be so darn complicated.

I finally got my cruises consolidated (i hope) and ended up with an extra cruise ! I don't loose sleep over this as I am platinum regardless. Not to mention that I feel sort of cheated that they don't count nights at sea, as we have several long cruises. No only do they have higher per dieums, but the $$ spent on excursions and incidentals (bingo, drinks, art) tend to increase as well. It is better to book more $599 inside specials than long cruises in Europe and FP in terms of captains circle benefits. It really doesn't recognise cruisers that sail more, let alone spend more.

My daughter is missing a cruise and they can't seem to find it ! They want to see a picture of her on the ship (???) or some documentation. This was 7 years ago and I am not that big of a packrat.

I had a similar problem in that I have really old Sitmar cruises that I was not even aware were eligible for Captain Circle credits. I call Princess and got a FAX NUMBER for the Captains Circle folks (it was in the 661 area code) and in my fax I explained my situation giving them the best dates I could recall (based on things like dates on menus and dates on backs of pictures) and they updated my Captains Circle the next day. :D If you 2 always cruise together, it would seem like a simple letter to put together and fax to them and I think they will straighten it out. But deal directly with the Captains Circle staff, not the 800-PRINCESS folks.

Archived