Please help..never been

Ok, here are my questions. If you could take the time to help I would be so grateful.

I have read so many threads and it seems as if we can go to Orient beach or a "beach" right by the ship docks???

1. How far is Orient Beach from the ship docks, how long does it take to get there and back and much does it cost?
2. How much does it cost to rent 2 chairs?
3. What is the name of the beach my the ship dock?
4. For a quiet time but beach with facilities (bathrooms, snacks, cold drink, chairs) where would you go?

Thanks and please answer if you can!

1. About a 20 minute taxi ride (but it depends on traffic). Taxi fares are set BUT vary depending on whether you are willing to share or not. The cheapest one way pp fare (sharing) that I am aware of is $5
2. Varies from restaurant to restaurant - we paid $15 for 2 loungers, an umbrella and a small table
3. I could be wrong about this but I believe the closest beach to the cruise ship dock is Great Bay
4. Personally I would just go to Orient Beach and walk along it till I found a suitable spot.
I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
1. How far is Orient Beach from the ship docks, how long does it take to get there and back and much does it cost? Its about 20 minutes, not sure of cab fare prices.
2. How much does it cost to rent 2 chairs? It costs $10 for two with an umbrella on Great Bay beach. Most will come with drink service and drinks were $1 each for us when we were there in January.
3. What is the name of the beach my the ship dock? Great Bay beach. You have easy access back to the ship via the all day water taxi. You can shower, change and eat and return no problem.
4. For a quiet time but beach with facilities (bathrooms, snacks, cold drink, chairs) where would you go? Great Bay there were a lot of hawkers approaching to sell their stuff, a polite no thanks sent them on, but it did get annoying at some points.

Archived