do you carry a diaper bag to dinner?

LoveMyBabies

This doesn't matter to me for casual nights. But for formal nights I bought a new, very small handbag, not even thinking about the diaper bag. I'm sure I can pop a disposable bib in there, but should I risk not needing diapers/wipes until after dinner? What about wipes for baby's hands? Do they give you the moistened washcloths in the dining room?

Baby is 18 mos. old and we are sailing on RCI's Freedom.

Well, I always bring the diaper bag (small one) to dinner with us. We are prepared for any situation with toys, diapers, wipes, bibs, etc. Our room is just too far away to take a chance that you will need it.:o

I guess that would be the deciding factor for us - how far away is our room from the dining room? For actual diaper changes, esp. blowouts, I think I'd make the trek anyway - right now we're booked in the very front cabin (hoping for a visit from the upgrade fairy) and the DR is toward the back. Dinner goes pretty slowly in the dining room, so you wouldn't be missing out. But I plan to bring wipes everywhere - I'm just going to fold some in a ziplock and have them in my pocket or purse or whatever. Also plan to carry a travel size Purell at all times. Toys are also a must in land-based restaurants so I assume baby won't be amused w/o them at sea also.

I don't have babies anymore, but if I did I would certainly bring a diaper bag to dinner, probably the smallest, sleekest one I could get by with. If you're worried about the look, you should be able to find some kind of a nicer-looking tote that will hold all the paraphenalia without looking too much like a regular diaper bag. That said, I don't think anyone will even notice if it is a regular huge diaper bag--where there are babies, diaper bags are to be expected.

Today I went and bought a farily small beaded evening purse. It can fit one diaper and a very small pack of wipes. When my DH saw it, he asked why I had gotten it (we're really informal people and I'm having fun getting ready for the formal nights!) I told him it was my formal diaper bag :D. Our DD is 2 years old and doesn't usually require a diaper change in the middle of dinner, but you just never know.

I found this small diaper and wipes holder on ebay and I actually love it. I buy them for all of my friends having babies. It holds a few diapers, a pack of wipes and I always throw a few extras in like a pack of fruit snacks.

This woman makes them in all kinds of fabrics and she is cheap!

http://webpages.charter.net/totalrnr/rnr_05_007.htm

It's better than using a bulky diaper bag, it's more like a clutch. :D

This is funny b/c I was just on a Carnival cruise this Labor Day weekend, got all dressed up for formal night, yet here I was carrying my huge Fleurville diaper bag (I say the name b/c if you know it its huge and has a loud pattern) and pushing a stroller in my high heels. Boy I missed in room babysitting!!!!

I never thought about it. Last week on the Zenith, we carried our Skip Hop diaper back every night, even on formal night. We had snack traps with us that DS liked to eat out of while waiting for the regular food or while waiting for us to finish eating. Also, we needed the small toys from the diaper bag, small plastic slinky, beaded toy necklace, little cars, velcro fruit, etc. We changed every diaper in the cabin just because it was easier (the Zenith is a smaller ship).

Archived