Bike tours ?

MrSchwump

Has anyone done the mountain biking tours or St. Lucia? Are they worthwhile? How strenuous are they? How much ground do you cover? Do you go near the Pitons on the bikes?

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Your old pal,

Joe

• 4 months later...

I'll answer since nobody answered my original question. We took the tour that Princess offered, the Mountain Bike Adventure. It was a lot of fun!

It was easy riding, mostly downhill. The bus ride to the place where you rode took about an hour, but the guide (Greg?) did a nice job of pointing out sights and gave a very interesting and entertaining tour. They stopped for photo ops and for Greg to scrounge various fruits and vegetation from the roadside for our perusal. He showed us cocao beans, cinnamon, etc.

At the outfitter, we got the bikes and road a short distance uphill to a spot where there was a waterfall. We had to hike a few hundred yards off the road to a small creek with a fairly tall (100 feet?) waterfall. You could swim or splash around in the water for a half hour or so before resuming our ride.

The rest of the ride was downhill and probably took another half hour. The scenery was marvelous and the vegetation was very dense and lush. We really enjoyed this tour and would recommend it to anyone.

Your old pal,

Joe

Has anyone done the mountain biking tours or St. Lucia? Are they worthwhile? How strenuous are they? How much ground do you cover? Do you go near the Pitons on the bikes?

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Your old pal,

Joe

I found two websites http://www.cyclestlucia.com and http://www.bikestlucia.com

I wrote to bike st. Lucia. It's $95 pp, they pick you up in a speed boat, take you to the area, and you bike all day, or half day then lunch and snorkel at their private beach. Looks and sounds neat, but I am not the Road Warrior I wish I was. Haven't made a decision yet. Cycle St. Lucia someone told me about, said they take you in a 4X4 to the top and you coast 3 miles mostly downhill and it is a nice, leisurely ride. You swim at the end in a waterfall. I don't have prices yet. That is over on Dennery, the Atlantic Coast side, versus the first one which is down near Soufriere.

Hoping someone can provide additional info, trying to make a decision....

I'll answer since nobody answered my original question. We took the tour that Princess offered, the Mountain Bike Adventure. It was a lot of fun!

It was easy riding, mostly downhill. The bus ride to the place where you rode took about an hour, but the guide (Greg?) did a nice job of pointing out sights and gave a very interesting and entertaining tour. They stopped for photo ops and for Greg to scrounge various fruits and vegetation from the roadside for our perusal. He showed us cocao beans, cinnamon, etc.

At the outfitter, we got the bikes and road a short distance uphill to a spot where there was a waterfall. We had to hike a few hundred yards off the road to a small creek with a fairly tall (100 feet?) waterfall. You could swim or splash around in the water for a half hour or so before resuming our ride.

The rest of the ride was downhill and probably took another half hour. The scenery was marvelous and the vegetation was very dense and lush. We really enjoyed this tour and would recommend it to anyone.

Your old pal,

Joe

Great Info! Thanks

Archived