Live from Norway

beargal

Hi all,

We are having a great time on the Seabourn Pride! We met up with the other cc folks on the first sea day and are having a group dinner later in the cruise. It was good fun to meet up with Keith and Ann Marie, Deanna and Tom, and Jim and Davi. It makes it nice to see familiar faces all around the ship. As we have been sailing around the fjords it has made internet access rather difficult but we have prevailed! Doesn't look like a deck bbq is in store for us on this journey due to the ever cloudy damp weather. RIght now is beautiful as we gaze out at a SUNNY Ulvik!

Reb

We had a great CC dinner set up by Keith 2 nights ago. It was great fun with lots of lively conversation. Last night some of us had an Indian dinner which was tasty too.

We have been fortunate as both our days in Kirkwall and Invogordon were sunny. Yesterday was actually summer weather! Today is a sea day and during the night we rocked a little but it seems to be pretty smooth right now. Tomorrow is Dublin and we are not as fortunate as Martita as we are docking in the commercial ports, 45 minutes from the city! Also of interest is that the ship shuttles only are going to run til 1800 although we are in port until 2300. I guess not many folks will be pub crawling this time as the taxis are reported to cost between $60-70. At least I hope the quote was in dollars and not in Euros.

All is well here!

Rebecca

Rebecca,

How nice of you to take the time to post on the CC board! Thanks!

I've been keeping up with you and the Pride thru' Keith.....also Nursey Elisabeth. My dear friend, Miss A. has been ill and in the hospital, but is now "home" and recovering quickly. ('ya can't keep a good woman down)

Rebecca, please post as to your Chef. I believe Chef Marcus will be with us on the Pride TA Crossing. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed as to my favorite, 'ole LULU~~~~what a character! Give him a hug from me, please. Also, I understand our Cruise Director (Crossing) will be Trevor Stevensen. I'm hoping our expert bartender will be Dr. Nelson!

Continue to enjoy each moment on the beautiful Pride Castle! Pleeeze post a review upon your return.

Thanks again for "sea mail!"

Martita B.

Tomorrow is Dublin and we are not as fortunate as Martita as we are docking in the commercial ports, 45 minutes from the city! Also of interest is that the ship shuttles only are going to run til 1800 although we are in port until 2300. I guess not many folks will be pub crawling this time as the taxis are reported to cost between $60-70. At least I hope the quote was in dollars and not in Euros.

All is well here!

Rebecca

When we were in Dublin where you are docking tomorrow, I missed the last shuttle bus from Dublin centre and therefor had to take a taxi. I remember it was only about 15 €! So you don't have to worry about that! Have a great time in Dublin and enjoy the rest of your cruise. Please give our regards to Nelson from René and Marja from Holland.

Nelson is wonderful and makes a great Margarita!!! I will pass on the hello's.

Unfortunately Nelson departs for home on the 15th for his vacation. He says he will be back after about 5 weeks. Seems alot of folks are/have been leaving during this cruise.

Chef Markus is the Head Chef and in fact did a cooking demo today. Sorry but I am not sure who Lulu is to hug (BG)

A number of people have remarked that they had not seen Miss A for the last couple of days. I will pass on your news of her.

Our Cruise Director is Tony Markey and I have not really spoken to him to know what his schedule is. Ast CD Matthew Brown is on I believe until Nov. Not sure about Helga.

One surprise for many on this cruise was the number of 5 casual nights!

Thanks for the good news re the price of the taxi. Now maybe I can relax and enjoy the day in Dublin.

More later, Rebecca

Rebecca,

Yes, Miss A. was very sick, but is on the mend in her Suite. Nursey and Dr. took excellent care of her. I e-mailed her today and told her she must recover ASAP as we have a 'lit partying planned very soon.

"Lulu" is Laurant, the Maitre'D.....hope he's still aboard. If so, approach him and say, "Are you the great, world famous fellow from Brittany, called Lulu?" He will laugh out loud! He's terrific!

Yes, a Taxi from City Centre runs around 15 Euro's right to the Cruise Dock.... from the Airport about 16 Euro's.

I noticed you will call on Waterford next Tuesday.A beautiful city indeed. And a very exclusive tete-a-tete with the Lord Mayor! Sounds like lots of fun.

I've been advised by the Dubliner's to go to The Palace Bar for a Guinness, as it's a favorite among the locals, not the tourists. (it's in the Temple Bar District)

You will have a "surprise" Sailor board tomorrow!

Continue to have a great voyage and many thanks for posting! We all appreciate your taking your valued time to share news with us!

Martita B.

Beargal, please say hello to Chef Markus for us (Mr and Mrs Baines) he was our head Chef on the Spirit earlier in the year, and was wonderful. Also ask Matthew Brown if he has finished sorting out all the thousands of photos from the Spirit cruise! Have a great cruise! Trevor Stephenson was supposed to be "retiring" at the end of our cruise back in May....I do hope he has changed his mind!

Archived