Is Price Increase Usual?

theduffys

Yes. As booking increase so does the price.

Usually the Christmas / New Years / Any Holiday cruise they sell out faster than the normal cruises and prices will go up.

The line will discount some lower level cabins and give incentives to move up if the ship is not fully booked at a certain point.

Your TA - if they are alert to this can get you a good deal at this point.

I Am Used To Checking Out The Prices On My Booked Cruises To See If The Prices Drop. Today I See That The Price For My Stateroom (2c On Summit On Xmas/new Year Cruise) Has Increased. Can Anyone Tell Me If This Is Usual.

Yes, that has happened to us quite a few times and is a common occurrance for cruises that are in high demand. That is why I like to book our cruises as early as poosible. Isn't it a nice feeling to know that you saved money by booking early :)

I Am Used To Checking Out The Prices On My Booked Cruises To See If The Prices Drop. Today I See That The Price For My Stateroom (2c On Summit On Xmas/new Year Cruise) Has Increased. Can Anyone Tell Me If This Is Usual.

This happened to us for the 12/29/06 Constellation sailing. We booked the first day that the cruise was open for booking back in Jun 2005. By Mar 2006, CC cabins prices had gone up by 40% on Celebrity's website.

On our Jun 2007 Millie Med cruise, prices have now risen by 15% for all categories on Celebrity's website compared to prices when the cruise was first available for booking only 4 months ago. Our TA has group space on this particular cruise and is unaffected by the 4 price increases so far.

Archived